2022 Mazda Cx-5

Hello Faydean22 here I would love to get feedback from all you Pros on a particular problem I am having with dealerships. I am currently in the state of Minnesota and I have studied and listen to various youtube videos on Leasing a vehicle. I have read the Great! informative advice from Leasehackr channel. But Now when I talk with Mazda Dealerships here in Minnesota so far ALL of them REFUSE to Remove, or Delete the excessive, ridiculous fees associated with Leasing such as, The Documentation Fees $125.00, Acquisition Fees $650.00, The Rear Collision Avoidance System Fee $299.00 Delivery or Destination Fee $150.00 The EVTR Fee $35.00… I have had to walk out of two Mazda Dealerships here in Minnesota so far. Please Leasehackr Experts help me to understand why? why is it that these Minnesota Dealerships are flat out REFUSING to take these Unnecessary charges off the Lease Contracts?

Those fees aren’t going anywhere and the youtube video you watched that said they should gave you bad information.

1 Like

I dont know if the RCS is mazda but all others is normal

So are you telling me `ALL the videos I have listen to about Leasing a vehicle and the various Fees I should NEVER agree to pay, are all Incorrect… Really?

If they’re telling you the dealer is just going to take off a mandatory fee from the bank like the acquisition fee, then yes, they’re giving you bad information.

There are definitely bs add fees that dealers will include and should be removed, but that does not mean that all fees fall into that category.

Destination is a great example… there is a destination fee included in the msrp of the vehicle. It’s there, it isn’t going anywhere. A dealer may discount the selling price, but they can’t make that fee go away. Now, if they’re adding an additional destination fee, and aren’t shipping you the vehicle from the dealer, that is a fee that should be removed.

Acquisition fees are set by the bank that the lease is through. The dealer can’t remove this fee.

Rear collision avoidance is a vehicle feature that should be on the window sticker as part of the msrp. Again, the dealer can discount the selling price, but they can’t pull items off the window sticker.

And yes, most of the YouTube videos on leasing have no idea what they’re talking about. It’s amazing how channels that are supposedly by ex-car dealers can’t even get basic stuff correct, etc.

1 Like

Hello To ALL persons driving a Mazda CX-5 Can You Please share how much money are you spending to fill up your Gas tanks. All Mazda Cx-5 are 4 Cylinder Vehicles right. I am curious to know with the huge price increases in the cost at the pump. With the war going on with Ukraine and Russia we can expect gas prices to increase even further. So Please share what Year is your Mazda CX-5 and How much Cash are you spending at the gas station to fill the tank…

Cx-5 has a 15.3 gallon gas tank, so take whatever your local gas prices are and multiply by 15 and that’ll tell you what to expect.

4 Likes

If you posted a detailed offer sheet we can help you understand which fees are legitimate.

If it’s a 15.3 gallon tank, multiply by 14 (to account for the reserve). That’s how I always calculate it.

“Cost to fill up” is a meaningless metric. When gas is $4, it will cost $60 to fill up 15 gallons. When gas is $5, it’s $75.

A bigger or smaller gas tank doesn’t make a car more or less expensive to operate.

Would you rather fill up a 15 gallon tank 20 times or a 20 gallon tank 15 times? The total cost is the same either way.

What you want to do is minimize your total usage of gas. Drive less and/or drive a more fuel-efficient vehicle. Like a hybrid, PHEV or EV.

1 Like

And on multiple levels. The gas station closest to me is charging ~$6/gallon for regular. The Costco 10 mi away is charging ~$5.30/gallon.

buck two eighty

I did I wrote down each term and then the price the dealership is charging… ALL ABOVE!!!

This going to be a good one.

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Do you also want them to remove the $395 white paint while they’re at it?

2 Likes

Everyone is trying to help you.
Fill out a calculator tool and post it on the thread so they can breakdown your initial deal at that point more information can be given.
Fee’s are Fee’s banks don’t loan out money for free.

1 Like