2022 M850i - Lease Deal Check

Eh different strokes for different folks. This guy has a different threshold of when it’s worth it for him to lease. If multiple sustained that the deal is terrible he probably would’ve pulled out. Deal is just slightly less than ok… It’s not terrible, so he pulled the trigger. If it helped reinforce his decision, I’d say the thread was successful. Not everyone is out for crazy unicorns (like me) lol

It’s a good deal for the specific car he wanted, whether or not it’s a good deal for the entire BMW market in general is irrelevant if this is what he wants.

7 Likes

We should have a “push me over the edge” thread. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

I guess this isn’t any worse than the daily hOw iS My gRaNd cHeRoKeE 4xE DeAl threads. :skull:

1 Like

Not the worst but generally not a super desirable car and you can usually get very large discounts on these. 20-30% not uncommon

I think the threshold for a bmw lease being decent should be “can I put it on SAL and make a profit”

I think he easily could here if the spec is right. Therefore it’s not a bad deal

2 Likes

There’s actually a ton of demand for an M850 and not a lot of cars. I get a lot of requests with which I can do nothing, because 2023s and 2024s have been scarce for months. I was at 9% off when I could get one, so that’s a data point.

1 Like

OP was able to get 20% off MSRP on a new BMW + loyalty rebate + a check for $6.6k for their M4. I don’t see how this was a bad deal.

@sramirez - Enjoy your new car. Post some pictures.

10 Likes

Post pics and let us know how you like it vs the M4 you had. Congrats!

1 Like

Did he verify that 6.6K M4 equity was reasonable elsewhere tho?

1 Like

Not that M4 is small anymore but the M850 is a luxury yacht!

1 Like

At this point, it does not matter. If OP is happy with the deal on the new car + the equity for their old car, then that’s all that matters.

1 Like

Ignorance is bliss… :wink:

1 Like

That’s a hell of a ride. Enjoy it sir!!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

This post was made to see if I could get some feedback before pulling the trigger. I knew I wanted to get out of the M4 no matter what being that there was equity in it and it’s a lot easier to sell a convertible during summer than later in the year. Most offers for the car from the usuals and 2-3 dealers were in the high 70s range, with equityhackr being the highest at 80. The dealer ultimately gave me 82.5k for it which I was happy with.

As for the 850, it’s a blast to drive so far. It’s definitely a yacht and feels really heavy, but it’s peppy and the exhaust sounds amazing. The owner of the dealer had to reach out to BMW directly and request that the deal be made yesterday being that it was July 6 and June programs were technically over. That’s what I meant by “the dealer had to pull some springs.”

Overall I’m happy to have pocketed some money and to be driving a $100k vehicle for less than I was paying for the M4. May not be everyone’s cup of tea but that’s okay. I saw a broker on here quoting $14xx plus ttl for a 23, so I believe my deal is more than fair. I’ve hacked some pretty sweet cars in the past and have come to accept that I don’t have to squeeze every last dollar if in the end I’m still getting what I want.

Cheers!!

17 Likes

The SP seems extremely low for an M850. Brand new? Possibly I missed it.
There aren’t many options to strip. That’s a great price to start with.
Almost a too good to be true. A great start for you.

2022 model - they probably wanted to move it. 20% discount is pretty impressive IMO