2022 LR Discovery broken down on way home from dealer - recourse?

Reading through this thread, ooof. Lemon law isn’t fun, best of luck.

1 Like

@Kerry

How’d it go at the dealer?

2 Likes

We had a new 2000 328i that wouldn’t start and needed a flatbed few months in. When my wife asked the tow truck driver if he knows where the dealership is. He said “Ohhhhh yeah, I go there all the time”.

6 Likes

He drives a tow truck, where else is he going to go? I’m sure he knows where every dealer and independent shop in the area is and who would give him the biggest kickbacks as well if asked for recommendation by an unsuspecting customers.

I think the actual conversation was that he tows new BMW there all the time, even bikes I remembered.

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Yet another thread where the OP needs to consult a lawyer.

And everyone else is wayyy more invested than the OP.

Why are you so cynical- go get some p……… - every comment is downright condescending- add value instead of trying to shit on everyone by being cynical

I’d whoop yo ass - I’m joking - bet you’re a sweet guy in person

1 Like

Seemed like a totally accurate and reasonable comment to me; a lemon attorney, when looking at the restrictions regarding a buy back, is the right person to consult and in this 70 page thread, the OP has replied once.

3 Likes

Ok! Sorry for the delay. Dealers been nice but slow. Some choices. Would love to see the community give some thoughts.

A. New replacement, on lot now, slightly higher MSRP, BUT less than ideal color

B. Wait 6 weeks for new car that is pretty much an exact match.

C. Wait for the car to get fixed. Likely at least a 3 week wait. Get loaner in meantime. Plus: $1300 credit.

Am I crazy to be leaning towards negotiating for 3 years maintenance ($3500) and going for option C?

Thanks!

Kerry

2 Likes

Did they say what the issue was and if they can confidently state it won’t happen again?

Maintenance on my Disco consists of one oil change/year. Definitely not $3500 :slight_smile:

Side note-

Those 3 options are quite awesome. Sounds like the dealer is absolutely doing the right thing and giving you all of the choices.

6 Likes

What was the problem? That would weigh on the responses to your choices. Also let me adjust the slow mode temporarily so @Kerry can reply.

2 Likes

And also what is the payment and total OOP, LOL. If it is less than competitive, asking for choice D) might be a thought…LOL

2 Likes

I gain comfort in my sanity remaining when I see there are others that also have a “carousel of cars” in the driveway.

Personally I’d take the higher spec truck as long as it isn’t like bright yellow or something like that.

The loaner option would be second choice, as long as the loaner isn’t a disco sport.

I was not able to follow that well exactly on the details, but there was a bracket holding the transfer case that broke? That in turn broke the transfer case… And some other parts…

A. If they are processing it as collateral substitution then push for better car.

1 Like

If it were me I’d wait six weeks and request loaner in interim. It was a purchase and not a lease, right?

Imagine this repair will show up on Carfax or Autocheck, no? You could have diminished value.

These are all strong/legit offers. I dont think any are wrong choices, even better on “C” if you can get service added.

How much less than ideal? For me and I’m sure many others, some colors are deal-breakers. Or close to