2022 Kia carnival SX

I’m trying to lease a 2022 Kia Carnival SX.
I live in California, the MSRP is $42,970
2 days ago I was quoted $600 monthly with $2,000 down and 10k miles per year. Can anyone tell me if this was a good fair price? Or how to negotiate a better price?

Is it even out yet? Did you get the RV and MF?

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

Yes out here in in California they are already in some Kia dealers

How do I get the MF and RV?

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option. The forums at Edmunds are where we go to get that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. You’ll want to post of the model specific thread for the vehicle you’re interested in and request the most current numbers for your zip code. It is often easiest to find that thread by searching Google for “Edmunds lease” followed by the model of vehicle you’re interested in.

These have been out for like 2 days. Don’t expect a good lease on them any time soon.

1 Like

Ooh ok I understand

Actually, the RV and MF here in FL is not that bad. The problem is most dealers are asking above MSRP and there’s no incentives. Where I’m located the MF is .00094 and RV 58% for 36/12k.

@Angel you can check Edmunds Lease Forums for RV and MF.

1 Like

Like I said, don’t expect a good lease any time soon

Yea true, he in California 2 different dealerships had $10k markup on each one. I was able get the 10k markup off but than they gave me quote $2k down $600 monthly on a 3 year lease $10k per year mileage

That’s not a recipe for a good lease, even without any MSRP markups.

I live in Los Angeles so maybe I should wait on it till it gets better?

Contact Seth at @Omegaautogroup And see if he can negotiate a better deal for you.

Do u have a number for them? And do u have any recommendations who to ask for?

Top of the post

Ask for Seth
CALL, do not text

Ok thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.