2022 Infiniti QX55 question…

I’m attempting to buy/lease two new vehicles in the next 30 days…one SUV and one car… I usually buy German vehicles…

I’m not very familiar with the current Infiniti models…

Yesterday I saw a new infinity QX55 in a parking lot…

Nice looking vehicle!

My question is… is the CVT transmission still problematic?

Do any of the forum members own a 2022 QX55…

I’m looking for some real world feedback…

….

I’d be surprised if anyone on this forum drives a QX55. Frankly, Infiniti hasn’t produced a remotely interesting or class-competitive vehicle in at least 10 years, and there are so many better alternatives out there (the Germans and the Koreans come to mind). Reviews of the CVT don’t seem to be glowing either.

And doesn’t Infiniti have weird rules around lease transfers and buyouts? Not ideal from a hacking perspective.

2 Likes

I have a 2019 QX50, similar vehicle as the 55 just not in “coupe” form. The CVT transmission is okay, it gets the job done. It’s certainly no fun when using the paddle shifters or flooring it. Luckily it has a good Bose system to drown out the boring CVT drone. The CVT is definitely jerky when quickly shifting between gears (parking). For the most part, no issues with the car, I extended the lease until Aug in hopes of things getting better. I wouldn’t recommend purchasing it. No data points for the VC engine, longevity and reliability uncertain.

1 Like

Thanks for your valuable feedback… greatly appreciated!

….

1 Like

What car are you looking to buy/lease?

What research have you done to familiarize yourself?