2022 Hyundai Tucson AWD

Good deal or not? If not, what would be a good deal?

MSRP: $38,189
Residual Value: 58%
Miles: 10K
Months: 36 months
Money down: $2,000
Monthly Payment: $430

They keep on saying that all dealers have car shortages.

1 Like

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

Unfortunately, there just isn’t going to be one on this model for a few reasons. Firstly it’s a brand new redesigned model that’s got some decent reviews and secondly the inventory shortage you mentioned. It’s not just dealer speak at the moment. Even in SoCal most local dealers only have a couple of these listed in inventory.

At the moment I think if it HAS to be a Tucson, then it’s just a case of picking a payment you’d be happy to pay, rather than looking for what a good deal might be :frowning:

What trim is this? You should be able get to $430 or less with just first due at signing.

At 38k its probably a limited.

Yeah dealers are smoking something that I wish I had on these cars in particular. I’ve been getting some (somewhat) reasonable quotes around $440-$460 on the limited AWDs, just had one come back and tell me $600/mo lmfao! I asked him if he was talking in American Dollars and thought I was crazy that I’d even be questioning his numbers.

What a time it is to try and deal on a car. Oh well, at least I’m getting a good laugh out of some of these offers. Good luck in your search OP!

which area you from? I also want to find a deal like this?
so far best I found is 0 down, $500 for 48 months.
if 36-39 it’s around $550 along those lines. A BIT TOO MUCH for a 38k suv.
I’m in Colorado.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.