2022 Honda Civic Thoughts

“Prototype” but it looks like its just interior that’s not production ready. Getting a lot of Jetta/A5 Sportback vibes from that rear, overall profile looks like a baby accord. Maybe I’m biased because I love my 10th gen hatch, but a bit too tame? Thoughts everyone?

Looks incredibly generic

3 Likes

Camry and Accord had a baby ! Congrats :slight_smile:

1 Like

With how many people were screaming “BOY RACER” at the current Civic, I’m not surprised they dialed down the hard edges.

3 Likes

It’s copying Audi/VW/BMW, look at the way the hood opens, body lines and taillights. Maybe some Lexus too. Pretty standard for the Japanese to copy

2 Likes

I was gonna type, “VW called, the rear end back” but you beat me to it lol

1 Like

It looks like a cross between a Jetta and a 2017 Honda Accord.

I think the current gen is tacky and crude. This looks way better (esp the interior), IMHO. I’d consider purchasing this new one; I wouldn’t be caught dead in an old one.

I like that it looks like a mini Accord. I think the Accord is quite nice, although the rear half of the vehicle is too “heavy” looking. This Civic takes car of that problem! How knows what it’ll look like in real life, but the sheetmetal stamping looks way prettier than that of the VW (also crude but not tacky, IMO).

I am also > 40 yrs old, so a somewhat generic and boring exterior works just great for me. I imagine it’ll still be a good driver.

The current Jetta is so forgettable I can’t believe anyone sees something else and thinks “reminds me of a Jetta!”

Finally and fully revealed:

I find this MUCH better inside and out vs. the current Civic (which I think is kind of horrific). I still don’t understand why a non-performane sedan needs 18" wheels, but whatever. Wonder if the side window wind deflectors are standard on that trim (horror).

I like how simple and uncluttered the interior is. The central dash air vents are an interesting design; wonder if air comes out of the entire length of that trimmed section.

Front pillars look blissfully narrow; apparently, Honda has decided to make outward visibility a priority in their designs again (Honda teases new interior design philosophy - Roadshow). It’s using the same platform as the current car, so I’m not sure if they’ve changed the (IMHO) too-low driver’s seat.

I’m surprised they decided to go with an actual shifter instead of the ridiculous button layout that they’ve been moving to lately. Much better interior I agree.

1 Like

I totally agree on that. The vents looks like the normal locations (if you look closely where the knobs are to change the air vent angle, you can see the areas where the air comes out looks slightly different from the areas where it doesn’t - vent area seems to go about 2” in either direction from where the adjustment knobs are), so it’s much like the A4 design where it appears to span the width of the dash, but is actually only in the normal locations.

I also like how the interior of the doors have a bit of a retro look to back in the 80s when doors were thin and flat before people worried about silly things like surviving side impact collisions.

1 Like

They really toned it down and made it very very bland. I was expecting alot more for the next generation civic but this was a let down.

The outside doesn’t really excite me (which, let’s be real, is probably their goal) but that interior is pretty ace.

Swagtastic and for those hayterz out there, Subaru has built an empire on ugly.

1 Like