2022 Genesis G70 3.3t Awd 11/19/2021

$40k to $50k. With taxes it is $56k to payoff car. I actually have had the most success with a place called CarShop in PA. They are owned by Penske. Did my homework, but was hoping that I could get some input from different parts of the country. To pay $1k to ship and break even is fine by me!

Is the $50k offer from a Genesis dealer? Or what’s the highest offer from them? $1700 to drive a car for 5 months is not bad. Sell and move on.

Keep in mind that I have made 4 payments of $658. It was a third party affiliated and allowed to buy out Genesis. My effective monthly payment if sold would be about $1,083…

True, I forgot about the payments you made. Looks like you need to sell for Msrp to break even.

The buyout price or I’m negative

If you have to buy this car and sell to a third party, you’ll have to pay the taxes. Have you done that math?

I think getting a Hyundai or Genesis dealer to buy it for that payoff is…optimistic.

If you have not obtained quotes from all of them, I would do that and see where you might have any leverage.

1 Like

Please check my earlier posts. I have requested all information. My thought was other markets were hotter than the northeast. Aside from that I can probably get rid of the car in a month or two with no loss.

I read them all before I replied. GLWYS

Here in South FL, they are definitely being marked up from MSRP. I walked in to a dealership yesterday just to test drive the car (literally haven’t been able to test drive ANY of the cars I’m looking at except for one due to inventory shortages) and the salesman provides me with a worksheet after the fact showing a $3K markup plus jacked up MF. Same dealer was putting a $10K markup on a pretty bare bones M340i and $50K markup on an i4 M50.

FYI, I did a quick search online for G70s and saw some other dealers in other states also are marking them up, as well.

What do you not like about it, aside from the MPG? Curious, as this was at the top of my list before the market went crazy.

1 Like

Try rodo. I sold my Genesis to them without taxes so they must have a Hyundai dealer in their network.

1 Like

Update - Highest offer from anyone is $50k and buyout is $51.7k. After a few more payments if market stays the same I can unload it then.

That’s a big “if”.

From someone that can buyout the lease or from someone that you’ll have to buy out first to sell to?

For a genesis gas guzzler 3.3t in this climate?

Good luck that is more then wishful thinking

Big is an understatement…

Buy it out without me having to do anything. Similar to Autonation. They’re owned by Penske so they have an in network dealer.

It feels like a Hyundai. All the same technology. Just not enjoying it and the gas mileage is worse than expected. I average 15mpg on my commute to the office.

I think the bigger hit will be on trying to get a new lease in a few months… rates are going up and new supply chain disruptions are hitting at the same time. If you really hate it, I wouldn’t be surprised if you come out ahead eating the negative equity and leasing now…

u dont like gas mileage and u want to order m3? ok buddy lmao

8 Likes