2022 Genesis 3.3T Launch Edition

Hi does anybody know whats a good lease payment for the
2022 Genesis G70 3.3 sport AWD Launch Edition and Sports Prestige?
only putting down the first month
36/12k miles per year
zip 07010
I know the money factor is 0.0191 and the residual is 61% but I have talked to a few dealerships and they give me crazy numbers

1 Like

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

2 Likes

You are going to be well over $600 per month, might as well look at M340i although it does not have all the features it does offer slightly better performance, if you can lay your hands on one.

The dealers are out of their mind on these things just like they are on the other genesis models. Wait a bit, the g70 like the g80 will not sell well particularly since the g70 has a stale interior with only a larger infotainment screen over the 21. Buyers will look at the gv70 instead. You are missing a 0 in the money factor.

thank you :pray:
went to a dealership and they only wanted to discount 1k of the msrp 1.84% that would be over $725 a month with just first month down I wold rather get the BMW m340 I x drive

thats what I am thinking

Slightly better performance lol, it significantly out performs the 3.3T , no contest. G70 wins on price alone and even when they could be had for sub 500 per month they weren’t flying off the shelves. As far as features goes the BMW still has more advance features that you won’t even find on the G70. Of course you’ll have to pay extra for them on the bimmer.

What advanced features?

the problem is that the genesis launch edition .00161 MF and 61% residual and the Genesis 3.3 Sport Prestige .00174 MF and 66% residual making both cars more expensive than the BMW 340i xDrive because they wont discount the Launch edition and they only want to discount 1k for the sport prestige

the genesis doesnt have wireless apple car play

I hear you, OP can either wait it out or move on. Nobody pays that for G70 not even in this market.

also doesn’t have:

1. Anything like comfort access that unlocks door or locks door upon approach or departure
  2. Laser headlights
  3. Traffic jam assist with lane departure assist
  4. Drive recorder that can record your drive incase you have a collision
  5. Auto Parallel park and auto backup incase you find yourself in a tight space and lacks the skill to back out on your own

The genesis capabilities here blow bmw out of the water

4 Likes

explain? BMW can brake, accelerate, change lane etc all hands free

It has number 3 even on the base model. Its called highway driving assist.
It has all these function in the base package while most of what you mentioned requires significant add ons on the BMW and some are not even available on the bmw.

• Smart Cruise Control w/ Stop & Go
  • Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Junction Turning
  • Highway Driving Assist
  • Driver Attention Warning
  • Lane Keeping Assist
  • Lane Following Assist
  • Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist
  • Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist
  • Safe Exit Warning
  • Rear Occupant Alert

The problem with the g70 is the interior is crap and it leases like crap. If they upgraded the interior to mimic the gv70 it would be more competitive.

2 Likes

Go drive them both and compare the semi-autonomous capabilites. There really isn’t anything else that can be said here other than to experience both products.

1 Like

I already did and chose the M340i back in 2019. It didn’t make the cut for me and yes I drove the 3.3T. As a sidetone I have no interest in those features lol. I prefer to be in control.

unlocking doors as you approach the car is amazing
whats the benefit of the laser headlights?
lane departure assist comes in the genesis
not sure anybody would use bmw traffic jam assist because most people use waze
drive recorder is a great option
I think auto parallel parking is great but not sure if that would work in NYC because you literally are super close to the cars

You’d be surprise I see people in your part of the country who loves the traffic jam assist since they say it helps alleviate the stress of being stuck in heavy traffic in the NE. Look at YT to see how it works, it’s pretty nifty just not for me.

I don’t even use cruise control so features like that is of no benefit to me. Laser headlights are superior to the adaptive headlights that is standard o the M340i. Although the laser are not as effective as they are in ROW due to USA archaic lighting laws.

The current generation of g70 wasn’t out in 2019

1 Like