2022 Forester. No Discount for Single/One Pay?

It looks like we are better off financing instead of doing a 1 pay lease since there is no MF discount

I’m happy with this deal, I know the dealer well and they are being very fair.

$23k to lease a $32k subaru for 3 years? Why would you consider such a thing

4 Likes

that balance is is if we financed. the residual is $23k (67%)

Looks like that’s the net purchase price after trade in. The lease is $4,788.

that’s right, or $133 a month

comparing the $133 a month lease to the $375 finance payment. it looks like the $8,712 more in payment ($375-133 X 36) give a $10,400 lower balance in 3 years… interesting

No, the lease is $23,700.

Its being paid for with $4788 in cash and $19k in trade equity.

Edit: $10500 in trade equity, so $15k lease

This is not a $133/mo lease, this is a $658/mo lease

Edit: $425/mo, not $658/mo

1 Like

How are you getting $19k in trade equity? The payoff is $41,524 and they’re offering $52k for it.

I know it’s fun to jump on and criticize a deal. why not take a minute to look it over and acknowledge that I know what I am doing. I thought it would be fun to share and work through my thought process

Youre right, i was looking at the trade difference for tax purposes.

In that case, its a $425/mo lease.

My only issue here is that you’re putting over 10k down from your trade. That’s cash that could be in your pocket - you combined the two deals, which means you can’t net them out and take advantage of both.

Did you get quotes from other buyers?

2 Likes

I agree, the positive is that is all profit from our last purchase. I was hoping I could turn the profit into a single pay and no payments for 3 years. It would have worked on a cheaper model but with inventory we are happy to have this one.

Understood, but you’re spending 4800+11,000 to rent the Subaru for three years.

If you quantified it as a finance do you think that might have netted a better outcome? This is the best time to compare both options, but congratulations on your new subaru and don’t forget to order your free badge from Subaru at

Badgeofownership.com

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t drive a forester no matter what the price is. It’s just so underpowered and boring.

You trading in your Bronco for a Subaru?

yep, we are going to do the 3.90% for 72. saves a couple grand over 3 years.

my wife… tell me about it, lol. We also have a 4xe that just landed but she wants a better “family car”

4xe, M240i on order and a lame forester… :slight_smile:

Check my profile - I have a finance thread with slightly better rates.

1 Like