2022 Chevy Bolt EUV- Price Decrease May 2022

Hyundai’s do, but most people don’t like the name ‘hyundai’

1 Like

There is still very little supply on the Bolt (EV or EUV). I’m waiting for a new battery and there are very few new units on the ground. Any increase in battery production isn’t going to result in significantly more new vehicles since there’s still a massive backlog of batteries that need to be replaced.

1 Like

bruh, total lease cost is $16k. I know times have changed, but you know we were sniping these for $4-5k.

1 Like

Times are changing I think. I’d rather buy a Hyundai vs. Toyota today. Hyundai has been innovating and bringing win after win to market (I’ve seen a stupid number of the Santa Cruz pickups on the road). Kia EV6, Telluride/Pallisade, Kia Carnival, Elantra N. The whole lineup is pretty great.

1 Like

What is GM doing with all the swaps? Are they just going to destroy them or sell them at auction? Maybe it might be worth it to wait and pick up a 20-21’ bolt with the replacement battery when if GM releases them.

1 Like

Assuming the title isn’t branded, yes. For the ones that are branded, I don’t think the price reduction will be worth the impairment at resale unless you 110% plan to drive it into the ground.

Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi all have 10 year/100k warranties. Certain VWs post dieselgate thru 2019 had 7y/70k warranties.

Used car prices have started to slightly come down, but this thread has a lot of examples of decent sub-10k cars

Given the total cost on this lease, I would be looking at used cars like some in this other thread. I would rather slightly over pay for a $10,000 asset than overpay for a $30,000 asset :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Definitely get some ideas from that thread. Not every used car is inflated or a money pit.

That being said, if you want to be under warranty, most mainstream cars under 8 years old and sub 75,000 miles qualify for Route 66’s top warranty, which is fairly comprehensive and quite affordable for a legit aftermarket warranty.

Older cars qualify for a powertrain warranty which is a good idea for certain models where the engine or the transmission are the biggest fault points.

1 Like

Those times in 2020? lol yeah

As long as gas is over $6.00/gallon here in CA, no EVs are coming down in price.

End of discussion.

1 Like

It’s $5.50/gallon now.

Politicians raising it to push towards EV adoption. New president who’s republican will def. Change the prices in lowering gas.

euv’s were recalled also.

1 Like

So what button does the president have to push to make sure output of oil is significantly higher than demand, ensure no natural disasters have any impact on the refinement or production of oil, to make sure oil producing countries keep producing in a way that keeps the price down low, and makes sure the costs to pump and refine oil continue to stay low? I can’t help but think our current president would have hit that button already if he could have. If such a button existed, the current president may have undone it after November, but there is no way any politician in power right now wants the gas prices to be what they are.

9 Likes

For what it’s worth, my LT that I returned comes up as a Salvage/Lemon VIN now. I’m imagining that’s how they will all come up since GM used Lemon Law procedures to handle these.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/llu/documents/vehicles-branded-under-the-new-jersey-lemon-law.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjwpsGG6dj3AhXBct8KHSAgBvEQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0CSEyGgEnN8WfOsKS-NgLd

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. I imagine in some states and in some scenarios they did not have to process them through the lemon law or brand the title, but I suspect that a lot of them will show up like that.

Pretty naive to think that whoever sits in the Oval Office has unilateral sway over gas prices. Republican or Democrat, that’s not really how that works.

6 Likes

Yeah the ev6 is great. Problem is the high cost and no incentives.

Ehh doesn’t matter the party, but the person who’s in charge that won’t sign bills to prevent certain things from passing. So tell me, why are the gas prices going up? And why does California gas cost $6/gallon where Arizona or Oregon are cheaper by $1-$2?

If you don’t know why, it’s probably no use explaining it to you. And no, some dude in the White House refusing to pass a bill isn’t the cause (and that dude doesn’t even pass bills, that’s Congress).

If you want to find out why California has higher gas prices than everywhere else, you may want to check the state legislature.

3 Likes

'Cept for that whole ‘sign’, ‘veto’ or ‘veto override procedure’ thingy.

Still has to pass the House and the Senate. He hasn’t vetoed any laws that were passed to tame gas prices AFAIK.

3 Likes