2022 Audi SQ5 lease - deal gut check

, ,

Effective 1400/mo on an SQ5. Some dealers are really doing nasty things to the uninformed…

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

got a little nostalgic - I thought that deal was so average back then but looks pretty good now :innocent:

2 Likes

The one thing I hope for coming out of this market is an appreciation for the dealers who didn’t go full predator mode during this challenging time.

Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered.

16 Likes

We saved another one!

4 Likes

OP only owes ~3k.

Imho at this point, pay it off and enjoy no car payment until things normalize.

If a new car is an absolutely a must, at least leverage your equity into a purchase, possibly thru a broker who can order allocation at msrp or less.

2 Likes

This. You’re gonna buy a car for over MSRP, or am I reading that wrong?

What’s wild is that this dealer STILL asked for 5k on top of the $25k equity.

5 Likes

They’re absolutely absorbing a significant percentage of the OP’s equity in this proposal.

Im sure its not the first time this dealer does this either. Highway robbery tbh.

So many sharks, they might as well put it on Discovery.

1 Like

Did we ever get confirmation from OP that the dealer actually wanted $5k out of pocket + the $25k trade equity?

Cuz if not, it’s pretty good deal in this market for an Audi S-car.

But if the dealer was really pitching $30k down + 530/mo on a 3yr $70k lease, they should win some kind of Academy award for keeping a straight face. What is that, a 25% residual?

I mean, I knew a dude once that put $10k down on a $19k Acura Integra and still had a lease payment. Worst part was a few months later he totaled it and walked away empty handed and confused. It’s ok though. Several years later he paid $5k over sticker for a Pontiac Solstice.

4 Likes

Of course that’s what the dealer was asking, they were going in for the kill on a completely uneducated buyer.

‘Pretty good’ doesn’t even begin to describe it :slightly_smiling_face: ~$650/mo with $0 DAS on a $74k Prestige wasn’t even possible pre-2021(in IL no less), in the current market it would be a complete unicorn.

Good lord this may be the single worst deal ever proposed.

1 Like

$30k down on a lease…

This is a hall of fame level of atrocious. I have seen bad deals posted on here but nothing like this.

1 Like

Lets perhaps break it down like this for you.

You owe $3000 on the current car.
They offer trade in on it. That is $28,000 - $3000 = $25,000 down payment (yikes).
Then, they still want $5,000 down.
To top it off, they want $531.33 monthly, for 3 years = 531.33 X 36 = $19,127.88.

The dealer is asking you to pay a total of $49,127.88 to lease this vehicle. You would have paid about 66% (49,127.88 / 74,000 X 100) of the cost of this vehicle by the end of the lease. It is not a good deal. You are better of financing it if you really want it.

All this before considering what the residual value is, the money factor etc.

This is probably SQ8 or Cayenne S money, if you acquire the lease at the end you would have paid roughly 95K for a 70K car.