2022 Audi A8 lease vs buy, and Section 179... how do incentives get deducted?

So a 2022 A8 is 6000lb so it qualifies, gets 12.5K and 5K from Costco (which looks like it comes back as a check).

Not sure if I’m missing any pertinent info, but how would I treat those incentives for tax purposes? I assume the 12.5K from Audi comes off the cap cost so it just reduces the purchase price of the car. Not sure how costco would work.

Also it looks like mf is around .003 and RV is 47% (yuck) even with those incentives is this just a better buy than lease?

Thx in advance

It is better to finance given that Audi is currently offering 2.99% financing for 60 months on the A8.

As for your tax question, I cannot answer that. Consult with a tax professional or CPA.

1 Like

Not seeing good 2022 inventory but here is 92000 MSRP CALC. Look at the side by side between Lease and finance. 2.99% is very attractive for 60mos.

1 Like

Ok yeah wayyy better to just finance. A little worried the actual 3 year residual is gonna be lower than 47% but still.

At the end of the day, go with the option that works best for you.

As you’re trying to hack this car, here is some advice:

1. Research pricing on this forum and other forums.
  2. If you qualify for Costco, make sure dealer that has the car also accepts Costco.
  3. Now the hard part is putting in the work.

Good luck.

1 Like

Hold on for a minute, You will be underwater on a finance before you blink. I leased a 21 A8 in February of 22, took it for first service, got an e mail from car fax . On car fax was estimated value of 56k, msrp was 93 k. After 12 months it’s a huge depreciation.
!!! My payment is 1270, 36/12, 0 DAS, had cosco as well at time, only 7.5 k from Audi, but super low money factor.0001, same awful residual, get Audi care, residual bumps up 1 point, love the car, but I would never buy one

1 Like

Yeh I’m just basing that off my guess, basically looking at what 2019s are worth now and then taking 10% off for the market etc. Not an exact science by any means. But point taken.

Wow, I never realized the A8’s were that heavy.:flushed: Nice cars though.

Good luck in your search and be sure to post when/if you sign one.

No getting out of any of these boats - these are 5 year holds min

I think what hurts leasing in this current market is the high MF on this car.

OP needs to run numbers and make a decision. The hard part will be finding one on a dealer’s lot.

1 Like

I would recommend confirming base MF, RV, and incentives for your zip code and mileage requirements.

1 Like

One step ahead of you. But I do appreciate it :grinning:

Mf and rv are pretty trash to say the least. I’ll shop around and do my DD; I appreciate the insight.

Could you post numbers here?

Great. One more piece of advice, if you are close to a deal, do not share until you have signed.

1 Like

Doesn’t qualify for section 179

Gross weight capacity isn’t the only criteria…

3 Likes

well shoot. that’s good to know, thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.