2022 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint

Dealer is saying money factor is .22

That makes no sense and I told him that. Sales guy doesn’t seem to have an answer either.

Maybe he means .00009?

They may be quoting you using APR % instead of a money factor. That’s not unusual, especially if the lease is through Ally instead of Chrysler Capital. .22% APR would roughly translate to 0.00009 MF.

1 Like

This site?

If you are unable to log in, did you report your issue with Edmunds tech support?

1 Like

Yes, I had to contact support. All taken care of now.

So, according to the dealer, I filled out the calculator and this is what I got;

What the hell?

Your numbers still aren’t right. Why are there no fees?

Post your sheet minus any personal info. This doesn’t look right as Jon said.

1 Like

Along with the window sticker

I just have no idea why you’d throw 5k to the wind to lease a Guilia for 24 months.

1 Like

What else would I do? Take that 5k and spread it out across the payments?

Or are you saying there is more wiggle room here.

To be fair, normally, there is not that much equity in a lease. This is due to the market. So using that to equally remove the increase in lease prices pretty much cancels it out…no? Shrug

Ok, after getting a definite MF number from the manager, this is what the calculator looks like now

Keep in mind, what he told me was 450 a month 24/10k with just under 900 down up front and the keys to my trade.

so then sell the trade separately and use that cash as dp. don’t you cash out more from it otherwise?

2 Likes

You can tell yourself that this is $450 a month if that works for you but in reality you are paying about $675 a month for a base Giulia. Make whatever you want out of that. I don’t think anyone here is going to tell you that a Giulia Sprint is worth that kind of money.

2 Likes

it’s not, but in normal times, he’s not taking 5-6k out of a cx5. i dont understand why people are missing this when they say “oh you’re paying effective $xxx for this now”. that’s not accurate, at all.

4 Likes

58% RV for 24m is never going to be a good lease.

57 posts later the OP still can’t be bothered to properly value their car. We still don’t know what the actual DAS is.

That’s a fair point, it’s a question of whether the increased equity is being put to good use on a lease of a car that even in better times was a poor deal thanks to the terrible residuals they have. That money is essentially a glitch in the matrix at the moment but it is real money. I guess the best option would be to cross shop for something comparable with more favorable terms, but what? Is there something luxury-ish and sporty-ish that would be a better value? Maybe a longer term even to make the most of that equity windfall and keep the payment decent.

100% understand what you’re saying, but doesn’t it equal out in the current climate?

1 Like

Due at signing is the 5000 plus just under 900.

It appears dealer buyout is 20,548.40 and it’s worth around 26,548.40-27,764 (based on equity cash I’ve been offered for it) …base on third party buyers. I’ve also been offered 5,000 from one dealer (this deal I’m talking about) and 5,202 from another dealer.

The base Giulia is as reliable or even more so than most German sedans.
The Quadrifoglio, with a Ferrari engine, requires more attention.

1 Like