2022 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint

We have a 2019 CX-5 that has one lease payment left. Looks like trade in value is 29k and the dealer buyout 20,500 or so. The dealer is offering 5,000 trade equity, 800 up front and 450 a month 24/10k. Car is 48,545 MSRP and they are discounting to 44,xxx.

I feel this is a good “regular times” deal, considering the trade as a wash. I remember I could snag a ~500 a month for little to nothing down on these cars 3 years ago.

Opinions?

Hope you have a spare car to drive when the Alfa is in the shop.

3 Likes

EDIT: I was looking at the wrong model - my bad. :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

You will never get close to $30k for trade on a CX-5; that is asking basically full retail. There obviously has to be some meat left on the bone for the dealer as well. I would still try to separate your trade deal from your lease deal. Look at them independently to determine if (both sides of) the deal makes sense.

Acquiring blessings.

4 Likes

You need to post a calculator. The numbers don’t really make sense. You have $9k in equity but they’re only gonna give you $5k on trade in and pocket the rest? Did they even discount the car or did they mark it up and use your equity as a discount?

Always treat trade-ins as a separate transaction.

Unfortunately, locally, CX-5 lease returns are flooding the market and the avg selling price is below trade value, at around 28,400.

Literally <900 out of pocket and 450 a month, and handing them the keys to our CX-5

I don’t have the numbers laid out, but I had a phone conversation with the manager and he said the msrp is going to 44,xxx from the 48,545, and then i’m getting 1750 rebates, 5k on trade equity and 600 tax break.

2019 CX-5 GT w/ Prem Plus 28,500 miles, soul red, parchment interior 9/10 condition

2022 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint with sport seats and red leather (48,545 msrp)

get offers from 3rd parties on the CX5. Get clear numbers if you were going to just lease the Alfa. DO the math, dont just focus on the fact that you are getting a certain monthly price

Understood.

The best I can do right now is 6k equity from third party. I reached out to a few.

Why aren’t you doing that then?

based on what? market pricing? or just spitballing without a clue of what to base a number on??

I just called the dealer and filled out the calculator;

Problem with the calculator, is they are telling me <900 up front and 450.00 monthly. Calculator is showing more.

If you really want to low ball me I’d say brakes and tires. They are original with 28,500 miles so. shrug

CX-5 not CX-9

I just called the dealer and filled out the calculator;

Problem with the calculator, is they are telling me <900 up front and 450.00 monthly. Calculator is showing more.

EDITED - THIS IS THE MOST RECENT

Your numbers still don’t make sense. The dealer is having their way with you and getting a few grand extra since you don’t know what you’re doing with the numbers. You are confusing the discount and trade equity, which is why you should separate them and then come to a conclusion on how much money you’re truly handing to the dealer.

1 Like

I asked, and he said they are using the 5,000 equity as a down payment, plus the upfront 800 and dmv.

Is the MF really .000415 and not .00415?

like i said - take the trade out of the deal and sell it separately. if they’re not screwing around, the deal will still line up.

2 Likes