2022 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint

it’s a lease, not a finance.

I will have to pay $600 more across 24 months…or 25 a month more if I gave them the same equity up front because of the tax break, he said.

no tax savings in NYS on a lease return (you don’t own the car). applied as straight cash down.

1 Like

I just used an edmunds calculator, and the monthly is also lower than what they are saying at 426/month. What’s going on here?

Seems like everything is jumbled up and you need to clear it up more and dissect the deal yourself. Ask for the selling price of your trade-in, RV, MF and discount off of MSRP and what rebates apply to you and report back

First you need to know how much your trade is really worth:

5000 trade in
58% residual
4,154 discount off msrp
1,750 rebates

I have another dealer offering me 415 with 500 up front, for a lesser car (regular black interior non sport seats)

We really prefer the red interior/sport seats

Have you verified residual, money factor, etc via Edmunds? And have you confirmed which bank the dealer is using?

1 Like

There’s been plenty of great advice given in this thread and you’re either ignoring it or not listening. To make the most sense of the deal:

1. sell the cx-5 separately. make buying and selling 2 distinct transactions to reduce the smoke and mirrors the dealer can put up to confuse / trick you
  2. after selling the cx-5, make an offer to lease the alfa based on marketplace/edmunds offers. let the dealer counter you
  3. enjoy in good health
2 Likes

According to edmunds it says it’s a “great deal”, even though the end monthly/up front numbers are not matching. I verified the numbers.

Still unsure why there is a discrepancy

1 - Understood completely.
2 - I may counter them now with what I’m seeing in the calculators
3 - thank you

1 Like

What’s the exact MF that is getting quoted though? Missing that

1 Like

That’s not how anything works.

You need to know for a fact what the buyrate MF is.

The only way to do that is:

1. Go to: Forums.Edmunds.com

2. Click on make & model dropdown menus to find the appropriate thread.

3. Sign up or log in.

4. Make a post asking for your specific model, trim, AWD/2WD, etc with your zip code and the desired lease term in months and miles.

Alternately, you can try the Lease Program Query tool on the Leasehackr Calculator, available to Super Supporters.

Ignore any commentary from Edmunds. Literally the only thing you get from there is RV, MF and any lease cash.

2 Likes

I think that OP just plugged numbers into their “deal calculator”. I didn’t see anyone asking about a Giulia Sprint on their forums recently, so I suggested OP verify that stuff. Last month Ally had the best rate on the Veloce (.34% APR) so it’s a good idea for OP to find out what’s going on over there instead of taking the dealer’s word for it.

1 Like

I can’t do anything, the site is broken when i attempt to log in.

Dealer is saying money factor is .22

That makes no sense and I told him that. Sales guy doesn’t seem to have an answer either.

Maybe he means .00009?

They may be quoting you using APR % instead of a money factor. That’s not unusual, especially if the lease is through Ally instead of Chrysler Capital. .22% APR would roughly translate to 0.00009 MF.

1 Like

This site?

If you are unable to log in, did you report your issue with Edmunds tech support?

1 Like

Yes, I had to contact support. All taken care of now.