2022 530e xDrive M Package

Hey guys, im new to leasing. I do own a business which is why i think this is the best route to take in my scenario.

Im looking to configure/order and lease a 2022 BMW 530e xDrive M Package + some extras. MSRP as built on BMW site is $63,790.

What MF, residual, and lease credits should i expect? (36/10k) My zip code is 07513.

I know that this vehicle qualifies for a $5,836 federal tax credit if financed, but im not sure if the dealer will factor this into the cost if i lease…

I’d appreciate any help you guys can give me as this is my first time leasing! Thanks!

Welcome! We recommend leasing 101 in the top right corner. MF,Residuals and rebates aren’t published here, instead google forum, Edmunds, 5 series and register to ask for them.

Phev rebates can be passed to leases, but right now bmw does not pass them.

2 Likes

Terrible time to lease and the tax advantages are quite small.

From my understanding, BMW does not pass the federal lease credit to the leasee.

2 Likes

Why is it a terrible time to lease? I want to order in January ‘22 so i can write off expenses for ‘22.

I got over 13% of my new 540i before incentives in Jan 2021. In stock units are going for MSRP or higher now. That’s why it’s a bad time to lease.

1 Like

Prices are all time highs.

1 Like

So guys, what is a reasonable price for this car? I dont see prices coming down any time soon due to all of the craziness and shortages… I want to make my move sometime in 2022 but dont want to make the wrong one.

You’ve already been given the suggestion to

• get the residual, mf, and incentives from Edmunds
  • read leasing 101, where you
  • put numbers into the calculator and see what a target deal would be today at msrp

If you had read leasing 101, and the BMW wiki, you would learn about PenFed (which requires 60 days of membership to be eligible for discounts). There probably won’t be any BMW drive events in your timeframe to pickup an OL code for that discount.

We can help sanity check your target deal, but you have to put it together.

1 Like

We are discounting them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!! While you’re at it, be sure to watch the LH video (How to Use Leasehackr - YouTube) to brush up on how to most efficiently use the resources here.
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from the LH Calculator - Lease Program Query or Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

If you’re asking this question, you probably should do some additional research and reevaluate things. Best of luck.

You can write off business expenses regardless of whether it’s a lease or not.

And writing off saves you what… what’s your business’ effective tax rate?

And the potentially bigger hack is no sales tax on full EV in NJ + a lot larger federal tax credit on other EV/PHEV of up to $7,500.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.