2022 4Runner TRD Pro - Lease Numbers - Help Needed

Not even allocated a real car yet :rofl:

Black easy easy for me to get. Green is where itā€™s at

All colors are selling for over MSRP in state anyways, lime rush just fetching the highest premium as the ā€œspecialā€ color. I counted 3 dealers last I checked in the entire state still selling at MSRP with no add-ons and all 3 had waitlists stretching into mid 2022. Used to be 4, but that dealer decided go to the dark side with a $5K market adj.

That said, @Markszachary54 - numbers on this for a lease donā€™t make sense to me financially over just buying it, unless you wanted to flip it from a more tax advantaged situation.

If you finance you can get a dirt cheap APR, similar monthly, and probably come out ahead with how the TRD Pro trim holds its value (in normal times, not now when used ones are going for over new msrp). Wouldnā€™t blink an eye if you want it and find it at MSRP.

thatā€™s the price to lease?? what a total waste

It is from out of state not in California and arrives any day

That is the MF and RV

They must have a super good trade relationship. Most dealers will tell you to pound sand on a trade PRO especially at msrp. Hurry up and buy it :joy:

1 Like

Can you get me a black 2022 4runner TRD Pro at MSRP ? Or a Tacoma Pro?

Iā€™m definitely going to get it one way or the other, but donā€™t want to double pay taxes. If push comes to shove Iā€™ll just pay cash for it or finance. However, Iā€™m a dealer and would flip it within six months so I was thinking lease it from out of state to avoid taxes possibly?

MSRP :joy::joy::joy:. Take the deal you have and run

2 Likes

Can you elaborate? Am I better off leasing from out of state if I have my CA dealer license or should I just finance it or pay cash?

ā€œunless you wanted to flip it from a more tax advantaged situationā€

As a dealer, shouldnā€™t you have a better understanding of the tax liabilities regarding the business and the options available to you?

3 Likes

Dealerships likely wonā€™t sell the truck to you as a dealer, itā€™s a retail unit. You will have to pay tax on it. If you plan to flip it then I would prob lease it so tax is on the payment as opposed to the entire sales priceā€¦

Iā€™d make a decision fast. If I had a lime pro at 4500 over msrp it would be sold in a minute. I just sold one at 10k overā€¦

3 Likes

Without commenting on your customer baseā€¦Was PT Barnum right? Or, am I a dang fool who just doesnt understand? :blush:

This makes zero sense in so many ways.

1 Like

He will customize it and prob sell it for an additional 5-10k over his costā€¦

Anyone else buying a pro could likely drive it for 3 years and their actual cost to own would be under $500/mo. So I wouldnā€™t call either a fool. These things hold value very well and this color is popular.

https://www.urbanmotors.com/VehDetail.aspx?Veh=2022_Toyota_4Runner&stk1=52431&dlr1=1195&wsid=269

1 Like

Thereā€™s more than enough people out there for whom paying an extra $10k (especially on a flashy, limited edition vehicle) is the equivalent to paying an extra $10 to the rest of us. Itā€™s all relative.

1 Like

The kind of person for whom $10k is nothingā€¦ why would they buy a 4Runner?

2 Likes

Exactly where I am goingā€¦

Usually to be the first to have a new color. Maybe for his child. Maybe to turn 65k into 75k. Lots of reasons. Why do people buy nfts?

Why do more millionaires drive camrys then any other car?

1 Like

Yes, but they drive sand colored 15 year old Camrys with roll up windows! LOL

2 Likes