2021 X5 custom order, 11% off pre-incentives

Yeah, I searched dealers within 500 miles and no one had a combination I wanted. I just asked one of the dealers I was working with and he told me that he actually prefers a custom build. So I pulled the trigger the next day. I ordered Phytonic Blue with cognac, but I’m still thinking other color combination might be better lol it’s non-stop.

1 Like

Thank you!

Ah! I missed that :slight_smile:

Okay, my car arrived today and I finally picked it up.

I did not like the fact that BMW FS just changed the base MF and MSD reduction in January. I was first told that the car would arrive on 12/31/20, but it did not. I wish there was a way to protect the MF like the incentives.

Base MF 2021 January: 0.00086. It was 0.00084 when I placed my order.
1 MSD reduces 0.00004 instead of 0.00005

I think the new monthly # is correct based on the new MF and MF reduction in MSD, but I would appreciate it if someone else reviews this sheet.

Here’s the new calculator: http://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=10000&msd=7&msrp=75195&sales_price=66924&months=36&mf=0.00086&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=1500&untaxed_inc=500&rebate=0&resP=55&reg_fee=863&sales_tax=9.5&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&govFee_check=false

Since my total drive off including MSD was $7500, I should add $14.16 (5950+2060-7500)/36) to the monthly payment.

I hope this is not true - you get to lock your MF when you put in the order. That’s what I was told by my dealership. That said you did great with MF and % off before pre-incentives even with Jan MF. @ZZAutoDeals will probably agree.

1 Like

My understanding is you get to lock in the RV, MF, and all incentives when you apply (except for any OL codes or other rebates that have an actual expiration date). And when you pick up the car, you get to pick between the better of the combination of RV, MF, and incentives from the month you placed the order and when you pick it up. That’s what I did when I picked up my X5 order. I placed the order in late January when the RV was lower, MF was lower, and incentives were lower. And in March the RV was higher, MF was higher, and incentives were higher. Even though the MF had gone up, the higher RV and incentives got me a $30 lower payment, so I chose to go with the March program. That’s just my experience. I’m sure others will weigh in on this, so please correct me if I’m wrong anyone!

2 Likes

That is correct AFAIK. You get to choose either program in its entirety. Cannot mix and match.

2 Likes

This is the only sense I could make out of it and I’m off by $1. First, I corrected the selling price from $66924 to $66423 since that’s what your contract says they sold you the car for. That’s 11.7% by the way, which is very solid! Second, what I think they did to make some money on the finance side is hike up your MF from 0.00082 to 0.00102. They probably honored your locked in MF of 0.00082, but raised it by 0.0002. Then, based on the new MF reduction rules, your MF dropped to 0.00074 because of the 7 MSDs. Frankly, I don’t think they could give you the old MF reduction of 0.00005 per MSD. They’re probably confined to the new rules. That’s likely not something that can get locked in. The rest was just some backwards math, but I think it all adds up, except for that $1 I can’t seem to account for. Probably because of the way they arranged things in the contract. Hope that helps!

Calc: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=10000&msd=7&msrp=75195&sales_price=66423&months=36&mf=0.00102&dp=-1257&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=1500&untaxed_inc=500&rebate=0&resP=55&reg_fee=851&sales_tax=9.5&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

1 Like

Congrats. Post some photos. I am contemplating between an X5 or an X3M.

1 Like

I’ve had both (2020 X5 sDrive40i and 2020 X3M non-Comp). I would still recommend the X5 any day. If it’s between the X5 M50i vs. X3M then it’s a true no-brainer to get the X5.

:+1:t2:Yeah , had an F15 and it was truly an amazing car-very comfortable and did exceptionally well on fuel economy.
I like the X3 M because it’s more cumbersome but in a good way, and it punches power all over the RPM.

The X3M is definitely a fun drive, don’t get me wrong. But in terms of bang for your buck and overall quality, I really like the X5 more. Oh and the X3M is HORRIBLE with fuel economy. By far the biggest gas guzzler I’ve had lol

It can’t be worse than a Tacoma- this thing even with me feathering the pedal it does 16-18 mpg on the hwy. :-1:t2:

I would average about 17 MPG combined with pretty normal driving, not going crazy with revs or anything.

I was told that the incentives can be locked up, but not RV or MF.

My sales person was confused and asked his financial advisor. I was told that you can lock up the incentives (which I did), but not the RV or MF.

Ah…in that case I should have locked up RV and MF as the incentives are the same in January. Good to know!

Actually, looking at your contract and the calculator again, I think I know what happened. They used the $500 OL code to take it off the selling price instead of adding it as an incentive. So your incentives are only $1500 (not $2000) and they reduced your selling price by $500 instead. So I need to go into the calculator again to figure out if it adds up!

UPDATE: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=10000&msd=7&msrp=75195&sales_price=66423&months=36&mf=0.00086&dp=-1259&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=1500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=55&reg_fee=857&sales_tax=9.5&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

1 Like

Thank you! I will as soon as I take some :slight_smile:

I think they still used the base MF (0.00086) for January, but can anyone confirm? I did not bother to check since the monthly payment looked right, but it was agreed to use the base MF.