2021 Volvo XC90 T8 Plug-In Hybrid Lease, $628 incl tax, $2000 DAS + 10 MSDs

Tags: 2021, Volvo, XC90, T8 Inscription Expression, Plug-in Hybrid, CA-SoCal (shipped to CA-NorCal)

I’ve been searching for a great deal on an XC90 for a few weeks and with the help of a lot of research here I finally signed my deal. I was not able to find any comparable deals up in Northern California where I live, so I started searching in SoCal and found that Volvo Orange County has a huge selection and the purchasing process was really great. I did have to arrange my own shipping ($400 that I didn’t include in the numbers), but that was a small price to find the exact car I was looking for! The Inscription “Expression” is one trim lower than the “Inscription” which is a little confusing, but the main difference is the ventilated seats, and the deals were much better on the Expressions.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021, Volvo, XC90 Recharge Plug-in Hybrid T8 Inscription Expression 6 Passenger
MSRP: $70795
Monthly Payment: $628
Drive-Off Amount: $2000 + $6945 MSDs = $8945
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00107 after MSDs
Residual: 61%, $43,185
Incentives: Costco, Affiliate offer, Loyalty Offer, Dealer allowance (I’m not explicitly clear on how much each of these contributed to the discount, just got the total discount of about 15% off MSRP)
Region: Ca-Socal
Leasehackr Score: 9.4 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

4 Likes

Nice! While doing your research did you see bigger discounts on the 2020’s or about the same? Also, I’m assuming they applied the $5419 federal tax rebate into your lease, right?

I’m just starting to look for one of these so your post was very much appreciated!

The federal tax rebate does not apply to leases. The bank can choose to pass on the rebate amount in the form of an incentive, if they choose. In the case of the volvos, it’s usually passed on in the Volvo allowance/dealer lease cash.

It would be very helpful here to have the incentives itemized out for proper comparison.

2 Likes

You might want to back-calculate the pre-incentive discount based on Volvo incentives and other rebates added. That will give others a better scope of the deal.

Nice! Can you share your dealer’s details?

I wasn’t able to find any 2020s that met my requirements so I didn’t research those prices very much. Volvo OC where I bought the car does have a few in stock (non Plug-in hybrid though) so you could check them out.

I’m not sure how the federal discount works… I actually thought I just didn’t get it on the lease but what mllcb42 says makes a lot of sense and maybe explains the dealer allowance. The car in the following link is very similar to the one I just bought:

On the website they show the following incentives:
Affiliate offer: $1250
Loyalty offer: $1000
Dealer allowance: $4000 (maybe this is where the tax rebate but I didn’t realize that before)
Affiliate offer: $1000
Loyalty offer: $500
Also I got an extra $1500 from Costco

Total above is $9250 and my discount was about $10700, so I’m not sure exactly where the extra $1500 or so comes from… guess I still need to polish my leasing skills.

What they’re showing there are lease AND financing incentives. Thats why there are two affiliate offers and two loyalty offers. On a lease, you’re only getting the $500 for each, assuming you qualified for either.

2 Likes

@warnoldscu was curious to how far you were able negotiate through email? (They are my local dealership and looking for a similar priced modle)