2021 Tacoma TRD OffRoad, 6spd manual. What am I missing?

This is for a 2021 Tacoma TRD OffRoad, 6apd manual.

I’m in IL, dealer in KY. My numbers using the calculator are about $55 a month less. Am I missing something?

It’s difficult for us to tell you if/what the issues are with your calculator numbers without you sharing your calculator link.

Typically it’s a result of either mismatched das amount, missing/incorrect fees, double counted incentives, or assumptions about what mf is being used.

2 Likes

This is what the dealer emailed me.

You said your numbers using the calculator are less… If you share your calculator numbers, we can compare to the dealer offer.

1 Like

I’m in Illinois, found the truck I want in NM. Using MF and RV I got from Edmunds, .00199,75%, this is what I’m getting.

This is what the dealer is saying!

Quite a difference, am I wrong or are they?
1: they say they’re using the same numbers I am.
2: they did add GAP (no need), and forgot a $1000 cash back from Toyota.
Gurus, I need help!!

You know what bank they’re using?

Maybe black out your cell phone and email in the screenshots

Thank you.

Not sure. They claim it’s a 76% RV and .00199 MF. I’m thinking bank doesn’t matter at that point right?

What year make and model is this?

21 Toyota Tacoma TrD off-road, MT 4x4.

Not a Toyota expert but toyota dealers typically have the choice of TFS, ally or US bank. Edmunds only provides the captive (TFS), and all three can have diff MF and RV. So would be helpful to know what bank the dealer is quoting u with

When we ask to post your LH calculator- the actual link would be helpful- picture is not manipulatable to where you may have gone wrong.

Also, you didn’t ask for the basics from the dealer: MF used.

Just quick glance- $1000 Toyota cash should be taxable and you didn’t account for the $369 for transportation. What’s the $732 non-tax fees? (DMV?). So your calculator would be off.

Also, hope you aren’t showing these screens to the dealer.

2 Likes

Definitely not showing the dealer anything. Just told him that I use a calculator and his numbers are off (or mine are).

Highly unlikely they forgot anything. Much more likely that they’ve just included it in your discount

1 Like

Not according to the sales guy. It was supposed to be $1500 off MSRP, plus the $1000 from Toyota. They may have tried to slide it by though.

Looking at the abbreviated quote they gave you, there is no additional $1k discount listed. Their fees are also marked up and some seem to be missing. You need more detailed info from them to properly evaluate.

Sales manager got back to me today. Said that because I’m an out of state buyer, he may not have everything correct with regards to taxes and fees. Also may have made a mistake on MF, lol. He’s gonna get concrete numbers from Toyota and get back to me tomorrow. Also said that the $1000 was in lieu of a better interest rate (MF). Don’t think that’s true either.

Pretty sure they are correct. TFS doesn’t allow combining subverted MF with the cash rebates.