2021 Suburban and Tahoe

Nope! That Z71 though. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

The red one looks ok i guess. Still think current yukon looks better than this redisigned version of Tahoe. Any interior pics?

Hate the Z71 and the height incompatibility with other cars. If you’re in a passenger car and one hits you from any angle, you’re pretty much screwed, as the front bumper will override the protective crash structure of every car. Coming soon to a city or a suburb near you.

2 Likes

I had suburbans a couple of times as a rental, always enjoyed them as such but never understood why would someone pay that much for one. This new redesign makes it uglier but what really kills it is the new/old dash. 2021 redesigned model and still the same old analog cockpit from 10 years ago? Seriously, there should be a big ass screen out there, especially on brand that aims for value and “initial quality” :rofl: because they have little to show in reliability.

1 Like

Completely agree, I’m always happy to take one as a rental but I’m continually surprised at how terrible the interior is given the price point. I know it’s a GM product but c’mon. This new interior looks just as scratchy and nasty.

The design is obviously evolutionary rather than revolutionary but given the impact the new design has had on Silverado sales*, you’d have thought they may have considered things further before drafting that face onto this. Oh GM.

*Relatively anyway, its still a big seller but not as much as it was

2 Likes

At least the Chevy design language is consistent across the brand.

It’s consistently bad in my eyes, but it’s consistent.

8 Likes

I’d totally drive one on a cheap lease and definitely as a cheap rental upgrade from the PC row but beyond that no way Jose.

Still…remarkably garbage GM interior. The one thing I hoped would have changed. Predictable new exterior as well. No thanks.

Curious about the new escalade.

1 Like

Face has been ‘spied’

1 Like

saying the Tahoe is too tall so it’s making it more dangerous for other cars?

People like em’ cause they can haul the wife ,4 kids and the dog along with all their loot. All while towing an Airstream or a boat.

The dash hardly matters. What matters is how much crap can you haul around.

There’s not too much competition in that segment

1 Like

As far as full-size capable trucks that keep going and going, it’s hard to compete with the General. I think one of my favorite quotes I heard was a general motors product will run poorly than most cars will run at all. Don’t get me wrong, some gm stuff is junk, but some it is some really durable stuff that can be constantly abused. We drive Tahoe’s and Silverado’s at my work and put 100k a year on some of them, and they just keep going and going. That new interior on the Tahoe/Suburban is completely different than the truck and is an upgrade from the previous gen. The interiors on gm might not be the best but they are exponentially better from generation to generation.

Mainly the Z71 version, which has jacked up suspension and no lower bumper. It could probably drive over my Miata with ease. :laughing: :sob:

2 Likes

3 Likes

About time they brought back diesel engines as well. Duramax in the Silverado is ranked at 33MPG highway!!!

1 Like

Semi related story on the danger of lifted vehicles.

Years ago interning at an employment defense firm, I “worked” on a case where a kid who just got his license backed his dad’s old Suburban, which was running on some ridiculous off road tires, into a Porsche 911 GT3. Kid was backing up so probably going 5MPH but giant trailer hitch went right into engine bay.

Oh boy! Im sure replacing a Porsche bumper is expensive. But rebuilding a Porsche engine - this kid probably had to go to community college after that.

Laywers got involved cause the kid drove off and subsequently got caught. Plea deal required fixing the car to avoid prosecution. Turns out you give a Porsche shop a blank check to do repairs, sometimes they go overboard.

1 Like

We have both Chevy and Ford trucks and vans at work. We do not buy GM products anymore as they require much more maintenance and repair time compared to Ford. Yes, some of them made it to almost 300k mile of use and abuse but so do Fords and the down times on the second are much less frequent or substantial.

Expedition or Sequoia will do the same at lower running cost, with more reliability and in better comfort.

1 Like

And at this price point, they’re also competing with the fancy King Ranch / Denali type trucks too right?

Sequoia isn’t as capable(and were calling gm dated?) and Expedition has questionable durability(Ecoboost not durable, oh 5.4 cam phaser, those were great) The LS motor is pretty tough to beat on durability. If I wanted to tow something and drag a bunch of people and their crap around, I’d go with a Suburban or one of it’s GM variants.

me and my police cruisers, federal agents, celebrities, boat towers, large families and limo drivers see something we all love in the Tahoe Suburban Yukon Escalade :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes