2021 rav4 Leasing

Any thoughts on this deal? $355 down payment and serves as a first payment.
Monthly payment $355 per month
48 months
12000 miles per year

It’s a RAV4 2021 LE

Why 48 months? How does it compare to marketplace deals?

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

48 months was the offer. I want to be at truly no money down.

That’s a fortune for a RAV4 with no options and a damage disclosure. Also, skip the VIN etching. It’s worthless.

I guessed at all that, which was the only option I had, given the limited info presented. :slight_smile:

The overview of the recommended approach that was posted above should help. Good luck.

You can structure any lease deal however you want. Follow the steps that I listed especially how to calculate a lease payment.

1 Like

Not sure what other info needed.

Just first payment DAS
It’s a base model trim LE.
We are in Florida.

You need to work out what a good deal is so you have baseline to compare this against.

Yes. New here so still working out the kinks.
I could not find on here what a good deal is

That’s the purpose of the step by step instructions posted above

2 Likes

What is the MF? I see RV is residual value.

Compare to brokers on here because this is a horrendous price. To put this in perspective, Toyota’s website has a better offer than this…

1 Like

I was just trying to playfully redirect you to the helpful info already posted, and encourage you go to back one post and read it.

You’re missing literally everything important in your first post. If you go into a dealer blind and then make a decision with so little information, chances are 99% that you’re going to get screwed.

It takes some time to get up to speed, but you are about to spend more than $17,000 simply by singing your name on several pieces of paper. You need to understand if that number makes any sense.

Check out this thread in the market place since you are in Florida.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.