2021 Polestar 2 with farts - $62.4K MSRP - 36/12k - $603/month pre-tax - $500 DAS

They had many “on tour”, so must be most of used listings.

1 Like

Could they qualify for loaner discounts?

Weird that they have registered owner history though, takes the tax credit out and then still priced at or above retail.

1 Like

I was just guessing there… Private owners could only claim the tax credit on their tax returns on purchase, and Volvo didn’t pass it on on leases.

When I drove the “on tour” vehicle I believe they had me sign a waiver that it was a preproduction vehicle. I don’t think they would be able to sell those on the used market.

1 Like

Agreed. Anything pre-production shouldn’t be sellable.

All of the Polestar locations currently have several production P2s that you can test drive (Demos, not loaners). I assume these are being sold either for mileage or model year change.

And yes if they were punched and put in extended demo service, some were titled and the buyer got the tax credit (you’ll see some are at Volvo dealers, some are at Polestar dealers, I didn’t spot any elsewhere but I’m sure a few are). There should be room to negotiate a discount, even if they are advertised at MSRP.

Pretty sure I didn’t sign that, but maybe didn’t pay much attention.