2021 Niro EV Ex - Signed

, ,

Well, for me they started with 10,700 + $2.5K of the rebate, claiming the remaining $2.5K is marked up on MSRP due to “chip shortage”. However, make it clear to them, you are in for the lease ‘only’ if all the deals stack up. Once I told them I know my numbers, the team at Matt Blatt Kia is awesome!

They will work with you on numbers and explain each & every bit. Super fast with the finance and $0 upsell (they did offer if I needed to add wear & tear). Were also cool with up to $3K on CC.

I’d suggest arrive at a number with $0 DAS and then say, i’d like to put 3K down on CC at the end.

I had to go in there for a PDI and he said if I know anyone looking for a similar deal, they have 1 car left and willing to offer the same. Let Sergio know I referred you and he should be able to put up a similar deal.

1 Like

Reached out to him, mentioned your name he’s coming back to me today with what he can do based on the lease cash offer.

Awesome! let me know how it ends.

I mean if it’s not a Kona EV at $2k over list, is it even a deal anymore??

5 Likes

Unfortunately the deal fell through at the dealer I tried. They quoted me $386.60/month 0 DAS. Per the sales rep.
"These are the numbers they have. This includes the fees from the DMV, $5000 Addendum because of the semi conductor chip shortage. Unfortunately the deal justanotherlease21 received, We honored a mistake, we don’t have the capability to do that deal again. "

so he really got a unicorn…/sigh.

@heyimrj Did you see the incredible deal on a Hyundai Kona Limited?

He got it for $240 / $240 OTD and it has a sunroof which the EX does not. (Smaller car btw)

1 Like

I did. I was thinking about that deal now but this sales rep just reached out to me with the following offer:

"I spoke to my manager and he said he would help and do for

The 2021 Kia niro ex ev
10,000 miles a year
3 years
$279
With $279 down"

That seems to me like they cut the addendum in half.

I had the 2019 KIA Hybrid Niro that I just sold to Carvana to get my equity on, which would basically just go to paying for this lease for close to 12 months. I have a kid on the way and it seems like the KIA has a bigger trunk than the Kona so I’m leaning back this way. What do we think? Is this good enough?

Edit: this is what I estimate to be the deal, based on the previous deal and increasing the dealer fee to get the monthly and drive off he quoted:

Kia has a smaller trunk, 1 in? but more rear legroom.

Up to you, sunroof vs more rear legroom.

1 Like

I was basing trunk space on the YouTube channel BabyDrive.com.au where she fits max car seats in the back rows and figures out how much you can put in the trunk after a stroller. Wife is very partial to the sunroof, but she has one in the Subuaru Ascent she just bought which is the family car. Mine is more of the just in case i need to take baby and dog somewhere.

Niro is on the right.

Niro has .7ft less cargo room.
But 2.6 in more legroom and 3.9" LESS width.
Edit :
Oh yah and Kia does not have HomeLink, Hyundai does (Go figure on that one)

1 Like

I would suggest to hold a bit longer and they should definitely counter with a better offer.
Also, I did test drive the Kona Limited and had an offer for $250/month $250 DAS at South Brunswick Hyundai. Though I liked the Niro looks and interiors much better even before I got to the deal price.

Also, on the next call mention a Kona EV deal around the target price you are planning to be at and hope they drop the quote from where they are at.

The irony! I was just texting with them today. This was the reasoning I got for their mark-up

"Here’s the breakdown for you. There is a 2995 addendum on the niro, sportage and fortes. Rest of the vehicles have a minimum 4995 addendum. Are you in a vehicle now that you can trade in?

I was just texting them today and I shut them down immediately after they said they were marking up MSRP and told them I was taking my business elsewhere, but they keep texting back wanting to make a deal. Hope they’re more willing!

In my texts with them yesterday, they told me I could get $5k for an EX (since it’s under 45k) then I could only get $2.5k for the EX Premium because its over 45k. I corrected them and said it’s only 2k for cars over 45k, but then apparently he confirmed with his manager and it was 2.5k? They also don’t know how the MSRP threshold works. If I was able to get an EX-P without the Cold Weather Pkg, I could get the $5k because NJ doesn’t include the destination charge or accessories in the qualification, but they just didn’t know that either.

OP looks like a good deal to me. When I was shopping for Niro EVs here in NY a month ago, the lowest offer I got on a '21 Niro EV EX 36/10k was $332/month with $0 DAS. I ended up paying a bit more than that for a '21 EX-P in the end.

2 Likes

Did you want to go for Ex Premium? or were you initially in the market for Ex?

This rebate at PoS coupled with chip shortage has become a problem. This has been a clear trend for a while with dealers marking up MSRP on EVs. With only 65% of NJ ChargeUp funds remaining, wonder if residents will ever see the full 5K rebate with discounted MSRP pricing.

1 Like

yeah i ended up signing the deal because everyone else i reached out to was basically keeping the full rebate for themselves. they either said they were only giving $5k in lease cash or claiming the $10,700 included the $5k chargeup rebate. I reached out to hyundai dealers near me but they didn’t either have limited in stock or weren’t willing to give me sub $300. All in all a good experience, the dealer drove the car up to me, i live 2 hours away from where they were. im very happy with the car. i still kept equity from my last lease and was able to get a much lower monthly payment on the newer better version of my old lease.

1 Like

They had already reserved almost 30% just for the people from last year who got approved but didn’t have funding. I don’t see us running out anytime soon.

1 Like

Did you see this deal?

Adaptive cruise is a must for me! Only the Ultimate Trim has the option and it’s priced beyond the MSRP soft cap killing the deal :frowning:

3 Likes