2021 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD Hatch 36/12k: $0 down, 479/mo?

Hello Hackrs,
New hackr here, I am about to buy out the lease on my current 2019 Civic and have eyes on a 2021 Mazda 3 hatch Premium (not plus) 2.5T AWD. The salesman is a referral from a friend who has leased 2 cars from him. The numbers feel high, I’d anticipated closer to 400/mo, which is my absolute ceiling. Dealer sticker attached:

You should probably stop asking that friend for help with leases

6 Likes

Direct, okay, I appreciate that. Can you be any more specific? The fees I can negotiate to have removed but that only knocks off $11-12/month. Not sure how much negotiating power I have on the msrp as it’s a new car during a shortage.

Look at a different vehicle…

You’ve got a couple things to keep in mind here:

1. This is over MSRP after the BS dealer add ons… when you’ve compared against brokers and such here selling these, are you able to find anyone selling them for under msrp?
  2. If you really want a mazda 3, are you better off purchasing it than leasing with this horrible lease program?
  3. If you’re going to spend $500/mo on a lease, how much better of a vehicle can you get than a Mazda 3?
1 Like

What a world we live in now, nearly $500 a month for a Mazda 3, god help us.

1 Like

Get a tlx instead

Even that is absurd.

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

1 Like

$500 for a Mazda. Salesman is a referral from a friend. I hope your friend didn’t get taken for a ride because it seems like they already leased a very very very expensive Mazda.

1 Like

You could get an Alfa Romeo Giulia for less than that!

This is hideous as the person who was offered $400 a month on a corolla hatchback. No one should be evening considering this car for this payment. Hard Pass for me

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.