2021 M240i xdrive 12/36 Deal Feedback & Suggestions

Looking for some advice on this deal. Been hard to find anyone offering deals on a specific color M240i with x-drive.

$635 / monthly with all taxes and 1st-month das.

Residual is 53%
7% discount off base + $2K incentive
.00126 MF
12K/36month
0 MSD
Calculator Link

Any suggestions on this lease deal?

Yes.

MF is marked up. Base should be 0.00086.

Discount seems weak, however, not too many of these cars being hacked. What is the breakdown of the incentives? Do you qualify for Penfed or USAA?

Have you looked at broker deals? You could inquire about a custom order.

Thanks @Bluemkn57cars!

I noticed the marked up MF, should I always shoot for the Base or use it as a negotiating tool to decrease the discount? My response to the dealer was going to request for a higher discount and base MF.

You are correct, they are even harder to find in the color combo that we are looking for. This is just the standard $2,000 lease credit currently offered by BMW (expires Feb 1). No PenFed or USAA, we do have an old BMW OL code that expired last year. Doubt they would reactivate that.

Have not looked at broker deals. Do you have a suggested broker? Custom order could be helpful as a manual is in the wish list, just not in any inventories.

There’s nothing wrong with a marked up mf, as long as the discount is appropriately increased. A .0004 mark up here is roughly equivalent to a 2% of msrp discount, so you’re basically sitting at 5% pre-incentive discount currently. You can use that to compare against the multitude of broker offerings here. I bet you would save ~$2000 over this deal as it stands now with many of the brokers.

That’s super helpful, thank you.

I didn’t see any broker’s with M240 listings, but a few have reached out with 9-11% off base pricing for a custom order.

IMO (as mentioned in another thread somewhere), I will always go for higher discount and higher MF, vs. lower discount and base MF.

A quick example of why with some made up numbers as an example----

$50k MSRP car
10% discount and base MF means a sales price of $45k.
12% discount and max MF means a sales price of $44k.

If you need/want to sell the car the day after signing (a drastic example of course), the 2nd case will give you $1k more equity. That equity difference will slowly erode to be the same at lease end (as the residual value is the same in each case as its independent of MF and solely based on MSRP and the RV % at the time of the signing), but all along the way, youll have more equity in the car with the higher MF and the higher MSRP discount.

3 Likes

I do not know of any broker in your area. You just need to search the marketplace.

You’re SOL with that, unfortunately.

If you don’t need a car within the next two months, sign up for Penfed. You will need to be a member for at least 60 days to be able to receive the $500 certificate.

The dealer came back with a .00086 MF with no adjustment on discount.

I’d like to see another point or two on that. The brokers seem to hit 10% pretty consistently. I have not seen a broker offer yet. But have three offering services.

They go base plus 8-9% discount then You don’t need a broker. Even utilizing brokers outside this region at 10-11% your going to have to ship the car which eats up that extra pt.

Stop asking them how much they want you to pay and make them an offer.

2 Likes

@mllcb42 I did, I requested a specific Cap Cost. They have not met that yet.

There are not a lot of options out there at this time. Otherwise it’s going to be waiting on a build with a broker.

Then thank them for their time and move on.

Yeah…Kindly and gratefully move on and if at all possible, never close the door or burn a bridge.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.