2021 Kia Seltos S Turbo Deal Check

Trying to figure out if this is a good deal.
Most of my driving is at night and the roads are always empty. So the down payment doesn’t really effect me. I’ve never been in an accident in 15 years. Knock on wood.

Gave a screenshot to a Kia Dealer of what the Kia USA website stated $212 a month. Obviously that’s without dealer fees and taxes. So I estimated everything around $250 maximum. And they quoted me $259. Still believe I’m over paying a few dollars but not exactly sure.

36m/12k Miles
4k Down
0.00176 Money Factor
63% Residual

Anyone know if this is a good deal. The money facter seems a tad high

You’re basically paying full sticker price. This isn’t a good deal…

To tell if the mf is high, you need to know both what they’re charging and what edmunds provides for buy rate. 0.00176 doesn’t sound unreasonable for Kia, but there’s only one way to know for sure.

Still a bad idea no matter when you drive. Ever had a car stolen? If not, you’re due.

Anyway, put the $ in a bank and draw the amount you need to make the payment and completely ameliorate the risk is my advice.

:bat:

1 Like

Not a good deal - you could be leasing a 3 Series for that much.

Seltos is a brand new model and won’t lease well

But he should probably try for a better discount. You’re probably right in that they’re not interested in a discount.

Yeah. I had a broker that was offering me $244 with 2k down. But he went silent for little over a week. And I got this quote today so was trying to figure out the best one. The broker obviously is the way to go but not sure what happend to him and his phones off

One possible explanation: the deal doesn’t exist/dealer won’t honor it, so now he’s ghosting you.

$370/mo for a $27k Kia. Why are you even asking about this? You should already be driving it! You’d better hope they’ll still honor this fantastic quote. Good luck.

4 Likes

I messaged you.

He’s not paying full sticker…

What is this Kia Saltshaker model?

It’s $313 off… it’s basically full sticker (assuming the mf isn’t marked up)

2 Likes

There was a ton of sarcasm in there, along with a saltshaker comment. :wink:

1 Like

Believe it or not, I can chime in on this. For whatever reason, my dad is obsessed over this car. Sorry, but it’s pretty crappy, insanely uncomfortable, and the inside is a plastic mess. We went to see it on Saturday, and the dealer said they are just starting to sell at MSRP, rather than over - mind you this is a Florida dealer, too, so the doc fee is about $800. I think this car is beyond overpriced and missing some very basic options, like XM, auto-dimming mirrors, power passenger seats, etc.

My dad is also not seeing the effective price and believes it’ll be less than $300 with nothing due at signing. If the XC60 price is right, he’s going that way, but he loves this car, and it’s ridiculous. I would do a hard pass on it, OP.

Totally missed it. Too used to people saying “but it’s $2000 off after rebates!”

3 Likes