2021 Kia Niro EV Premium Lease OK? $46125 MSRP, 24/12K, $0 Dn, $639/m, $11100 Discount

Wondering if this is a good deal. Dealer gave me the whole worksheet but there are more numbers than work in the calculator. I’m specifically wondering out the Cap Fees and Cap Taxes. As far as I can tell they are just ways to boost the cap cost. Residuals and Money Factor look good and predicable. $11100 discount looks correct. The $1200 aftermarkets are staunchly not negotiable. I don’t care about monthly cost as long as overall lease amount is good. Thanks!

I dont know if youre heart is set on 2021, but I just got my friend a 2020 for 0 down and about 400/mo here in SoCal. Last I checked with salesman he said he had one left.

Edit: this was for 36/12k. I thing numbers for 24 mo were similar.

Do you NEED the aftermarkets? Also check out Omega:

Doh! HEV, my bad

At at 24 you lose all the rebates that are offered.

Not according to Edmunds. At least for the 2020. I’m pretty sure rebates work for 24 or 36 for most cars.

The sheet shows a $11100 incentive. Is that not what you are talking about?

I mean rebates from the State of CA.

Do you know what dealership? If it’s a much better deal, I’m OK with 2020. Thanks!

Incentive vs rebates. Some CA rebates are 30+ month required.
I know there is a good NorCal rebate as well, but I believe that is 36month.

I know for SoCal I have seen a 13600 rebate/incentive (not sure which is which… as long as it reduces the cap cost), but 11100 is pretty good as well. In most of the SoCal deals I have had worked up the residual was 52%.

Rebates are on top of incentives

Thanks. So any thoughts on whether this is a good offer or not? It’s OK if it isn’t! :slight_smile:

It’s ok…(lowercase). They are giving you $900 off and then forcing $1200 of crap stuff on there (Since you didn’t list it I call it crap like Nitro Fill or Vin Etching).

So during this time it’s probably ok. Is there a reason you didn’t pick 36 months? You are leaving the Bay Area Rebate $5500 (If you are retiring an older car), then the CCFR $1500 as well.

I’d also do some digging in SoCal Marketplace. For example, reach out to Paul at Legends and see if he still has access to Premiums.

1 Like

I can’t imagine pay $14k+ to drive a Kia Niro for 2 years.

2 Likes

I agree with this statement, as there are only 3 Kias in NorCal and there are 12 in SoCal.

Yes, forbs, I only want to rent the car for 24 months… I don’t care about monthly cost as long as it’s an overall good deal.

And yes, you are absolutely correct, the $1200 is crap. Get this… it’s $995 for… wait for it… LoJack! I’ve argued till I’m blue that this car doesn’t need it but they say they have already installed it and I don’t have much leverage, so it’s just a little profit taking. Could be worse.

I’m not in the Bay Area, more central/southern, but I could go north if absolutely necessary. Not retiring an older car. And can I get CCFR on top of the $11100 rebate (it says it’s a rebate on the sheet)?

Thanks for your help!

Haha, I hear you Gearhead, but have you driven a 2021 Kia Niro EV? It’s almost as good of an interior as my BMW. Kia is definitely getting their s___ together! I wouldn’t mind it for two years in this climate while I wait for the Ioniq5 to get sorted out.

I don’t see the CCFR, that is a $1500 line item. It must appear on the sheet, and I don’t think CCFR applies on a 24 month anyhow.

Thanks Alphawave7. I don’t see any Kia deals in the SoCal Marketplace. Am I missing something? Also, are you saying that there is a Legends Kia in SoCal, because I don’t see one… or is Paul a broker?