2021 kia forte numbers

Good Morning, I am a first time leaser and obviously the market is uncharted territory with the current chip shortage. I am trying to find some numbers that would be reasonable, given that old standards seem to be unusable given the current market conditions. I am in the market for a Kia forte lease in the SLC area, and the current models available are the EX, with the FE, LXS, GT, and GT-line becoming available soon.
1-credit Score-790 what MF should I be shooting for given my good credit?
2-MSRP vs. Selling price, are dealers budging at all on this? how much?
4-current incentives.
5-RV-I hardly drive at all due to my job, would dealers be willing to negotiate on an 8-9k miles on a 36 month lease for a higher RV?
6-would you recommend going for a 24 as opposed to a 36 month lease given the market conditions, the hope things will be better in two years, and getting a new lease in 24 months with better terms, or stick to 36 months?
7-I am located in Salt Lake City, in Utah.

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option. The forums at Edmunds are where we go to get that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. You’ll want to post in the model specific thread for the vehicle you’re interested in and request the most current numbers for your zip code. It is often easiest to find that thread by searching Google for “Edmunds lease” followed by the model of vehicle you’re interested in.

Alternately, you can try the Lease Program Query tool on the Leasehackr Calculator, available to Super Supporters.

Why jump into leasing during the worst time to lease?

Plus you don’t even drive much.

i recently moved from NYC, where I used public transportation, to SLC, where I need to have a vehicle to get around, to and from work

The past location is irrelevant. How many miles do you expect to drive in the next 3 years?

That doesn’t mean you have to lease though, just that you need a car.

maybe 8k miles a year. The lease is the best option for me/ the one I am most comfortable with. I have zero experience with car maintenance, and would like to find a car under warranty. used car prices are too high for the risk of buying a lemon.

8k is alot of miles …for NYC. How much are you looking to pay for a lease?

how much I am willing to pay is dependent upon the numbers that are congruent with current lease averages and what would be considered a good deal.

In this market nobody could tell you . You need to have a number set in your mind to even begin finding a lease .

I might find paying 600 a month good for a Kia Forte while you might find 200 is good

Forget a Kia. Get a Jeep Wrangler, especially with the cheap $2xx deals on Willys and $3xx on 4XE’s.

You’ll make good use of it exploring the beauty of Utah.

1 Like

For 250-300 and are you putting anything down ? Or taxes fees all into the monthly?

my price range is in the 200-350 range and no, I live in SLC please see the original post

Get a Wrangler, it will probably lighten you up and take the stick out of your butt from living in NYC :relieved:

Jokes aside, worst car market probably ever. You will not get a dealer to shave off MSRP by yourself. Cars in general are just not leasing well at the moment.

Doesn’t make much sense to pay more for a $25k car when you can get a $55k car with better gas mileage and utility for the same price.

1 Like

Luxury dealerships(European )are less affected by this shortage as compared to Japanese and Korean
Fact or cap?

For the Kia reach out to the dealership and get a rough estimate to know what your looking at

It’s not really tho. It’s electric for like 17-19 miles (YMMV) and then it’s substantially worse MPG for the rest of the OP’s drive.

Why a Kia Forte? They are actually rather expensive to lease.

Niro Gas
Soul LX
Those are in the $350-$380 range with $0 DAS.

since it is your first time, look for a Broker here and get a price quote.
Hint: Don’t pay any money ahead of time. Get a quote and if you like it, pay the fee and get the car!

You don’t need a lease to necessarily achieve those goals. You can buy a brand new Kia or a Hyundai and have it be under warranty for 10 years (small upcharge to extend the non-power train components from 5yr/60k miles to 10/100). You can buy a brand new Toyota and extend the OEM warranty to 8 years.

Any of these long term solutions will be much cheaper overall than serially leasing for the next N years.

1 Like

This is not cheap but not bad in current market.