2021 Jeep Compass

Trying to get my sister a solid lease deal. Right now my local dealer has an offer on a Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4, $209 with only first payment down and tag fee. With first responder it would be $199. Is this a good deal?

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

2 Likes

Maybe…maybe not. Is it a 20,000 car or 50,000? That’s obviously an exaggeration but the point being is, monthly payment alone tells nothing without the remaining numbers to back it up. Read what @mllcb42 wrote and start there.

I will add that dealer advertised deals are rarely good deals or what they appear to be at first glance.

Get an actual quote instead of going off of the advertisement

If that is for real and all-inclusive, you should have signed by now.
Pretty certain it is BS, though.

Peruse the Northeast broker deals in the marketplace. A few Jeep guys to choose from, if that’s what you are after. Based on my research thus far this month, for $200/mo, you are looking at a Renegade or Encore.

The Jeep.com website lists a base 4X4 Compass Latitude (with destination charge) at $28910. The Jeep website lists $4750 in rebates where I live.

btw, few would call a Jeep a car

Now you know !

Few would call Compass a Jeep either.

5 Likes

Few would call a Compass a Jeep

1 Like

Beat you by about .00025 seconds.

I just wish I had included “either.” At the end so it was coincidentally word for word.

1 Like

@extrarely As others have said, a lot more info is needed, that being said, that lease is definitely going to be ultra low mileage if I had to guess. First responder should lower the lease price by more than $10 unless it’s a 48 month term, maybe this is 48 month with ultra low mileage? Either way, I’m curious to know, because I know that a 36/10k thru Ally that is well under invoice is 259 plus tax.

How are the following terms: 2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk, MSRP 35445, MF .00046, Resid is 54%, 36/10k, $4000 in incentives, $3k down, 252/mo. Checked with Edmunds, this deal is +500 on the incentives, all other terms meet or beat the Edmunds terms.

You should make your own thread, this is for a different model. @bubbadog

Can you clarify what you mean by this

2 Likes

Sure, Edmunds quoted:
.00004 MF and 51% residual
$3500 incentive

This deal is with $4000 incentive, though higher MF at .00046 and 54% resid.

Well, a higher mf doesn’t really meet or beat Edmunds.

What bank is this through? Different mf and rv usually points to a non-captive bank.

True, my mistake. It is with Chrysler Financial, so it is with the captive bank. Actually, the Edmunds numbers were updated for 10k, resid % was 54%. The original numbers are for 36/15.

Sorry for the crazy late response to the party guys. So the deal was accurate at $199 for first responder or $209 without first responder but they ran through BethPage FCU who requires a high score. My sister didn’t have the score required so after re-running through Ally and doing a credit bump, she drove off with a Renegade Limited for $239 a month with only first payment and plate transfer down.

Terms are 36/36k through Ally

Greetings,

Trying to help my wife lease a vehicle and Jeep has me very confused. Any insight on how to assess or what a fair selling price for a lease would be? Here are the details:

2021 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
Zip code 22303
36 months, 10k miles/year
RV 55%
MF 0.00008
MSRP 32,555
Incentive $1750

processing fee $899
Destination Fee $1,495
Plates $145
Tax Rate on lease payment is 4.2%

I’m guessing the selling price should be about $28,300 or so based on no scientific evidence. thoughts?

Thanks!