2021 Infiniti QX50 Luxe FWD - $325/mth

Year, Make, Model, and Trim:
MSRP: $43,460
Selling Price: 32,510
Monthly Payment: $325 (tax included)
Drive-Off Amount: $830 (includes 1st month) + $3600 in MSDs (9)
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 12000
MF: 0.00165
Residual: 54%
Incentives (included in pricing above): $4850 lease cash, $2k Owner loyalty
Region: North Carolina

The Good: New, smaller SUV for wife to drive around in the color she wanted. (Next closest dealer with that color combo was 2.5 hrs away). Attractive discount by a local dealer. Price negotiations were actually straightforward. Selling 3 year old QX60 to Infiniti dealer was painless compared to all the recent changes in trying to sell to 3rd party. Avoided the challenge of trying to lock in a deal in August when lease is up, Infiniti 2021 inventory is down and 2022 inventory is not yet discounted.

The Bad: Spent 2 hours in a dealership on a gorgeous Saturday morning. Wasn’t able to extract full value out of the QX60 I sold to them. Old vehicle is now listed on their website for $8900 more than I sold it to them (the $2k rebate offsets most of this). Had to teach them about MSDs.

The Ugly: Deal almost soured when they combined the trade in and lease on the same deal sheet and it added an extra $900 in tax (3% on $30k trade-in value). Was in the car driving away but still in parking lot when the phone rang asking me to come back so they could work it out.

3 Likes

Was there any equity in the trade?

No, part of the $830 drive off was paying the $340 in negative equity. Still had 3 months worth of lease payments remaining at $350/mth on the Qx60. Dealer gave me $30k for the trade. Estimates from Carmax/Carvana/Vroom/ALGo were in the $31-31.8K range. However, just re-priced with Carvana earlier today and their estimate bumped up to $32.5K (even though they can’t buy out the old lease).

I’m not very familiar with Infiniti leases, but on paper this looks like a great deal - especially in the current market. Congrats.

1 Like

I haven’t been up to speed with Infinit lately but in 2018, I leased my 2018 Q50 2.0 MSRP $42K for $345 , $345 DAS. This deal is one I would be comfortable with if I was seeking the same car.

Selling price looks like $39360, yes?

Yes, dealer discount was $4100. They were willing to do $4100 off a Luxe AWD and kept the same $ amount of discount on the FWD. They said it was a $3000 loser.

Where do you research to find manufacture discounts etc.?

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option. The forums at Edmunds are where we go to get that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. You’ll want to post in the model specific thread for the vehicle you’re interested in and request the most current numbers for your zip code. It is often easiest to find that thread by searching Google for “Edmunds lease” followed by the model of vehicle you’re interested in.

Wow, great score! I revisited the sales guy that got me into my QX60 3 years ago for a killer deal and now he’s giving me a quote for around $600 monthly to turn it in for a QX50 (twice as much as I pay now)… incredibly bummed. Current ride has just 18,000 miles, so I know he can flip my QX60 for some good money.

Chip shortage is ruining everything. Friend leased an Accord sport back in December, 365 out the door. Exact same broker he dealt with is now quoting me $500 for the same deal. Its nuts.

Why don’t you flip it for good money?

I don’t know why I hadn’t considered this before. I had always just assumed I’d do another Infiniti, so I’ll need to do some looking around for what’s next.

You can only sell an Infiniti leased thru NMAC to a Nissan or Infiniti dealer.

1 Like

Even if I get the payoff amount? That seems weird – if they get their payoff, why would it matter?

Nmac does not allow 3rd party buy outs. You can buy it for the pay off, but only you.

They’re not interested in you profiting off of the sale of their asset, so unless they’re contractually obligated to let it for for under market value, they’re not going to.

Interesting… that seems like a really weird loophole. I do happen to have the cash to payoff, so maybe I’ll just pay it myself and then sell to carvana or wherever.

Isn’t a loophole. Your contract stipulates what you can buy it for, not what someone else can buy it for.

Buying it out yourself may be a viable option, just be sure to factor in sales tax that you have to pay on the buy out and the timeline for getting the title for resale. You wouldn’t want to buy it out and then have used car prices collapse while you’re waiting for the title.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not disputing if it’s in the contract & not trying to pretend it’s not in there. Just didn’t expect that.

I’ll need to crunch some numbers and figure out the sales tax situation. May be able to do it all same day at a title place in town, so I can fall within the sales tax grace period. As for prices… based on the inventory at dealerships in my area, I don’t see the used market changing anytime soon – it’s like tumbleweeds in lots that are normally packed to the brim. Crazy times.

$500 a month

for an accord sport 1.5?

And accord sport 1.5 special edition ??

An accord sport 2.0???

Even if it’s the top 2.0 sport that is a massive rip off. And this is a broker??? Yea its Time to get rid of that broker. You can score a deal better on your own.