2021 Hyundai Kona Night AWD Deal Check

Just looking to get some thoughts on the discount on this 21 Hyundai Kona Night trim in AWD. This car is a little side out of my knowledge zone of German makes. I verified money factor and incentives with Edmunds and I am not including tax since it becomes messy with Chicago.

2021 Hyundai Kona Night AWD:
MSRP: $29460
Selling Price: $26960
Monthly Payment: $204 plus tax
Drive-Off Amount: $1000
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10000
MF: .00108
Residual: 60%
Incentives: $3900 ($3500 dealer cash plus $400 college grad)
Region: Midwest
Leasehackr Score: 10.6
Leasehackr Calculator Link

3 Likes

I’ll trade you a Porsche 718 for a deal evaluation. Doesn’t even need to be a good spec.

Maybe @aronchi @legendsauto or @ethanrs might be able to help evaluate this one.

1 Like

It’s a very good price on a Night edition. Well below dealer cost, especially with your high tax rate.

I will trade you 10% off a 718 1:18 replica from our parts department.

3 Likes

The deal as posted is before tax.

1 Like

It’s $750 overall cheaper than my “before-tax” price on this car in Northeast (any color). Given college grad, you definitely have an aggressive price.

The “Night” also comes in 3 colors, with Black being the most popular. If you’re going for a Night in grey/white, I can see the dealer being more willing to go this deep than on a Night AWD in Black color.

1 Like

Funny enough I thought my wife would want white since that is the color she wanted last time she shopped but she likes the black. And good to hear about the discount. It seemed like a good price but there were not a lot of deals here to compare.

Definitely take it. The Night in Black is reasonably popular. Not popular enough that decent dealers won’t discount it, but it’s in “Sonata N-Line territory”, I would say.

Jalopnik: No, Hyundai Dealers, The Sonata N Line Is Not ‘Limited Production’

1 Like

I am going to try and hit a homerun. Another local dealer has an online price of $4500 off plus the $3500 rebate. Curious to see how much of that $4500 is a discount and rest is rebates.

2 Likes

Tell me about it. I just signed a Sonata lease deal today, and every dealer within 100 miles wanted almost MSRP for their N-Lines. Maddening.

And that’s for a car that’s one of the slowest in its class despite how much power it puts out. What a shame. Look at the YouTube videos of it competing with accord and Camry. Disgrace.

I didn’t realize people were dragging Accords, Camrys and Sonatas.

1 Like

Thank god I’ve informed you. :smiley: All cars get reviewed by the top YouTubers and they all perform tests such as this on the “performance” oriented family sedans.

Ya learn something new everyday!

How many Sonata, Accord, or Camry buyers give any cares as to which one does the best 1/4 mile?

The ones buying the most expensive trim levels that are “sport 2.0T” oriented. Or an N line oriented. You get more features with a limited than you do N line. Obviously those looking at N line are buying it for the motor.

Sonata N line
Camry trd
Accord 2.0T
Altima 2.0T

What’s the next question, big shot?

The point is that web influences don’t always reflect the actual market buying them, and that their ratings aren’t always actually relevant.

Why do I have a feeling you’re going to be answering questions no one asked?

1 Like

Guess you’ve never driven one? The 5-60 time is impressive and it feels a heck of a lot faster (more torque) than its rivals like the Accord in everyday driving.

But to each his own.

Real world testing. Just one of many videos I’ve watched.