2021 gle 63 suv

I dunno… I do think the more matter-of-fact commentary about how tax laws might make a purchase financially advantageous are valid and helpful (as are the comments that selling an expensive mainstream car might be a PITA) and wouldn’t necessary be a deterrent to future posts by people wanting to share a deal. JMO.

MSRP and the lowest money factor quoted was .00300. These dealers are stubborn with this model, they feel like the demand is much higher than I do.

The problem is with this types of vehicle, demand isn’t as relevant as a Mazda CX5. Most people getting this vehicle aren’t leasing or even financing it, they are paying cash for it, so mostly it’s a negotiate the price and you’re done. They probably don’t bother with leasing because as most said it’s just something you buy.

Yours is a fairly unique case where you can expense it so there are benefits to doing it your way.

This almost looks like a stunt from Park Place lmao. OP is definitely their target audience tho, don’t really bother too much about the pricing, satisficed with the service so win win. Enjoy the car!

After I posted it was clarified that we are indeed before the fact… deal is yet to be signed and apparently it’s not 100% guaranteed it will be signed under its current structure

$2200 a month for a GLE? Good god…you can get a Bentley, Aston, sooooo many better cars for less than this.

2 Likes

It’s signed now, leasing ended up making the most sense for my needs.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, after the tax implications, how much of a premium are you paying to lease vs purchase and resell?

enjoy the powerhouse!

Around $5k, this is the lowest residual I have leased at. For some reason the coupe residual is 56%.

Maybe a year or two old Bentley with 2.5k miles a year. I don’t beleive you can get a new Bentley or Aston Martin for $2200 unless you are putting a lot down.

1 Like

About a year ago, aston vantages were a good bit cheaper than $2200. Haven’t seen the numbers on them recently.

1 Like

I keep an eye on MMC lease specials for kicks every other week or so. Have not seen anything like that in a while. They had a good McLaren GT Demo deal recently.

:chocolate_bar:

I stand corrected, but Texas taxes would add almost $350 more to that payment. Getting about 12% off on an Aston is a great deal.

1 Like

People do go crazy when they see stuff like this because they can’t fathom the cost-benefit equation for a lease vs purchase in Va/TX/MD etc…I guess what they don’t know can’t hurt them

1 Like

More like $150 more ($11k in taxes in texas vs the $5k in ny taxes split over 39 months.), not that it matters.

1 Like

If you are expensing the full lease to your employer, you are obviously better off than deducting mere $0.56 per mile IRS allows for deduction. Not sure how your employer’s payroll will treat it though. Hopefully, not as an income to you.

2 Likes

Awesome truck. Post some pics, and include a shot of the engine nameplate please! Favorite car detail.

Car arrived today, feels great. Didn’t get a chance to take pictures, but below is a link to the photos from the dealer.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.