2021 Cadillac XT5 FWD Premium Luxury 36/10

This numbers include GMS pricing, $1500 lease conquest, and $1500 Costco. They also include $1900 lease incentive which unfortunately doesn’t seem to be available in my area but available in the northeast (not sure where else). Any suggestions how I can get that?

LHC

GM is based on registration locale, so you cannot get that ever.

Thanks. Would it be worthwhile to negotiate a price lower than GMS? The problem is only one dealership is Costco authorized so I can’t reach out to multiple Cadillac dealers

As for GMS, I am less acquantainted with GM programs than any other family/brand, so I can’t tell you. I’m going to tag @ElectricEliminator who is one of our trusted hackers.

That shouldn’t be true. Language can be confusing but according to Costco

‡To qualify for the Cadillac Limited-Time Special, you must: (1) be a current Costco member by January 4, 2021; (2) register with Costco Auto Program online or through its call center to receive a certificate with your unique promotion code; (3)present your certificate and unique promotion code to any Cadillac dealer at time of visit; (4) take delivery between January 5, 2021, and March 1, 2021, of a new and eligible 2020 or 2021 Cadillac CT4, CT5, XT4, XT5, or XT6 to receive the $1,500 incentive. The member-only incentive will be applied at time of eligible purchase or lease and is compatible with most publicly available Cadillac incentives for which you qualify. This incentive cannot be combined with HR Voucher Coupon. Subject to change without notice. Costco and affiliates do not sell automobiles or negotiate individual transactions.

GM incentives are based on the zip code you register the vehicle to, so if the incentive isn’t there, it’s not there. As for Costco you should be able to use that at any Cadillac dealer, there’s no reason why they wouldn’t take it. It doesn’t have to be done through the Costco dealer.

1 Like

As for pricing I believe that GMS pricing (true employee pricing) is something that is fixed and has different rules to it. Supplier codes are handled differently. It could be possible to negotiate a lower price combining it with a supplier code, but I don’t think you can do that with GMS pricing. That said, 9.4% is pretty good as it is. One of the GM dealers here like @ethanrs, @chevysalesgirl, @ChevyPhil, etc might be able to weigh in better on GMS rules than me, I’ve never used it and I wouldn’t want to give out bad information. That is my general understanding of the program though.

as mentioned, GMS is fixed and then GM reimburses the dealer some money when the discount is used. I’ve negotiated less than GMS on the two different ATS’s I leased back in the day but I used GMS via my father and they took the rest of the discount (the below GMS portion) from what GM reimbursed them. Technically they’re not supposed to do this but I’ve seen it done here and there.

That said, 9.4% is pretty good as it is.

I haven’t used the GM Family First site previously, but figured out that there’s a powerful search that allows you to sort vehicles by pretty much any criteria including GMS price. I found a similar vehicle for 12% off MSRP so am getting closer.

I have a close friend that used to be a finance manager at a GM dealership and he told me when necessary they used to offer out ‘certificates’ in increments of $250 if they really needed to close sales. Not sure if they still do that or how to bring it up effectively.

If any of the leasehackrs tagged above can please offer any other suggestions, just trying to get as close to $400 w/ $0 DAS as possible. Here’s the new calculator

Nearly 10 years ago a local GM dealership told me they would “get in trouble” if they went below the GMS price so this is good info to have.

Some dealers receive bonus cash from GM in the form of dividends. To the best of my knowledge this has replaced the Flex Cash program. This program allows the dealer to use that money in a variety of ways, including operational costs. Previously Flex Cash could only be used towards closing a deal so some dealers may not be willing or able to dish it out. Just like holdback on an invoice stuff like this is kind of a sticky subject to bring up in a negotiation and can get you ignored pretty quickly. Your best bet is to just structure a deal that you are prepared to sign and propose that, regardless of how the dealer ends up getting you there. GMS pricing seems strong on these at the moment, especially if you combine it with a loyalty or conquest incentive and the Costco bonus. You can reach out and see what happens at some other dealers and don’t mention the GMS pricing until you have to.

2 Likes

don’t mention the GMS pricing until you have to.

Out of curiosity, why would it be best to do that?

If the dealer knows you have GMS or a supplier code that will be the lowest number you will get. Might as well wait to see what their offer is first.

1 Like

I guess I don’t do this very often. Thanks for the tip.

Some supplier codes are set pricing and some allow you to go below supplier. Depends on the type of code.

1 Like