2021 BMW X3e custom build - $563/mth, $4,183 DAS - Good Deal?

The dealer cannot assume those charges but there are other avenues to avoid or lessen them. They can buy the car / take it in as a trade. As is. So you’re off the hook for any charges. They’ll likely do that as it’s a hot market for used cars rn.

If they don’t and BMWFS charges you, you can call them and ask to waive the charges as part of your ongoing loyalty to the brand.

1 Like

NJ will pay $25.00 per electric mile which is 20 x $25 = $500.00 on this car.
NJ EZ Pass also has a deal which will lower tolls to NYC which is also a savings(minimal).
I calculate the difference on the MF to be $313 so asking to have that taken off or honor the lower MF from BMWFS.
Not sure ive seen the balloon payment before, can you guide to more info?

pre-inspector told me that BMW will likely sendmy lease return( '18 X5E) to an auction as they are not looking to resell the inline 4 cyl with battery packs any longer. He recommended taking the car to an auto detailer and getting a compund done to lessen the appearance of some dents and scratches, With all that it would still be around $600 that they would want me to cover.

So is that a “yes X3e not an ICE X3”? Your first post in a week was “dealer says car is here - now what?” And your last post the week prior was second-guessing models. If it’s the x3e and it’s there, make your deal.

On balloons :balloon:

W/R/T the other math (NJ and EZ Pass savings) vs Federal tax credit: you’re stepping over dollars to pickup dimes.

1 Like

Yes the X3e build I put together has been delivered to the dealership. I am okay with the X3e and not the M40i any longer. Thanks for the info on the balloon!

1 Like

Here is the latest!
A 36 month balloon will have a 41% residual payment which is $23,490.
The sell price is the same as the lease at $51,555
The rebates total $3250 ($2500 APR Credit + $750 Loyalty)
The Select Finance interest rate is 2.9%
The NJ Taxes are $3455.26
The NJ DMV Fees are $613.22
The Dealer Doc Fee is $599.85
The Total Amount Financed is $52,973.33 (All taxes and fees are included in the amount financed)
The Monthly Payment with $0 down is $914

It’s interesting that the balloon residual is almost $10k less than the lease residual

It looks like typical BMW balloon finance vs Owner’s Choice. Not sure how BMW’s system works but apparently it’s not subsidized like the lease programs.

I roughly ballparked the monthly of an X3 30e via OC in Texas counting federal tax credit, which turns out to be NOT much better (if any at all) than equivalent XC60 T8 or Q5e. Partially due to how OC/ balloon calculates interest and it often has a higher a rate than MF. I actually just asked about this but haven’t got an answer yet, Edmunds doesn’t show rate for OC now, hence why I said ballparked. I’ve been quoted as high as 4+% APR for OC and that would totally ruin the deal.

And this hasn’t even considered the time value of the tax credit which you can only claim in the coming year, and of course the hassles with it.

Like I mentioned, OP would be better looking into XC60 T8 and Q5e IMO. Or if he wants a BMW go for the M40. The captives directly passes down credit is the best way to go. Q5e still has Costco (2k) and XC60 likely will get Costco next month.

1 Like

Intersting too that the 41% mentioned does not match up to the selling price. Am I missing something. This is a bit confusing. Do most folks pay tax and fees up front with a down payment on a balloon or roll it all in?

Residual value is based off msrp, not selling price.

So this is much like a lease with the benefit of ownership. With a residual balloon in the low 20’s does it seem plausible that 3 years in this car could be sold without having negative equity? Also, do they ofer balloon payments for longer than 36 months? Thanks

I would think that this rv is probably closer to reality. Of course, that means potentially paying more to get there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.