2021 BMW X3e custom build - $563/mth, $4,183 DAS - Good Deal?

In CA looks like $1250 lease cash and $750 loyalty for the X3e, 10% seems doable and that’s about it. Not seeing any tax credit money. In CA there’s extra $1166 fuel rebate. Incentives are being cut across the board. April Lexus just lost all loyalty money which was quite a bit.

Its a good point. Its all dollars at the end of the day, get them one way or the other. Ill ask and see and see. Thanks.

Yes its not been a forgiving time for too many deals. AND they are also having parts shortages. I had to forego lumbar supports for the passenger seat and they no longer have venitilated seats available due to shortages.

The problem here is that the programs are just really painful. The dealer can only do so much. At 10% pre-incentive, there really isn’t a whole lot of room for improvement.

2 Likes

What’s the lease payment and insurance difference versus a similarly equipped X3 30i?

As close as possible apples to apples build listed below would be $513 per month.

Insurance would about $10 dollars cheaper a month.

I’m a little surprised the insurance delta isn’t higher but assuming that’s correct = around $3,000 premium for lease and insurance… will fuel savings exceed that?

I’ve been leasing and helping/advising friends and family for a long time. I have not experienced or heard of any blow backs for hesitating on a build as long as both parties are transparent. I would be real straightforward and honest with the dealer and let them know that you would like to continue the strong relationship that you have built with them but they need to be market competitive.

There’s nothing the dealer can do about the BMW programs being bad. At 10% pre-incentive, they already are being market competitive; it’s just a poor value.

Just my stupid statement
Great deals are coming spring 2022 for leftovers of 2021s X3e LOL

It’s a sellers market right now so they probably won’t have much trouble selling it to someone else.

1 Like

This assumes they’re going to produce a lot of X3e’s between now and then. I just don’t see that happening.

Do not we have regulations like this for all states?

It’s a plug in hybrid with about 10-15 miles of electric mileage, not an EV, so I don’t think so. BMW will be releasing an i4 and an ix which are full EV I believe. I don’t think that in late 2021 they will ramp up production on the prior year’s x3e. But hey what do I know.

Agreed 10% pre-incentive is good but only at buy rate MF; I thought I read that the OP is not getting the buy rate and that MF is marked up.

great replys here and thanks again all. I do have a straightforward relationship with the dealer and can express these concerns.
Might I ask further, If you were working this deal, would you opt for the current X3e(with better buy rate), or would you opt for a regular X3 or X3 M40i? I enjoy the brand immensly and the drive and feel but also want to know that I have gotten all of the savings and value that I possible can from the deal. I also have the option to extend my current X5 lease for another month taking me to the end of May if needed.

It’s marked up a little, basically sitting at 9.5% after adjustment. This isn’t .5% away from being a good value.

Personally I’d go with an 40i… the I6 is what BMW does best. PHEV, not so much.

Hi Hackrs! Dealer says this build is now at the dealership and wants to know what I need him to do so he does not look bad and lose the deal. Recommends on further reductions? Also have about $600 in damages on the old one, chance they will assume those as well?
Thanks

Did you decide not to switch vehicles and stick with this one?

Are they willing to reduce MF?

Did you explore a balloon instead of leasing to get the tax credit?

1 Like