2021 BMW X3e custom build - $563/mth, $4,183 DAS - Good Deal?

Thanks JOn!
I just researched the Feds site and this is what is referenced for the credit:

Can I claim the credit for a leased vehicle?
If a qualifying vehicle is leased to a consumer, the leasing company may claim the credit.

This may materially change my deal!

Next question. Has anyone ever welched on a build from a dealer? I went into this build with the express thought that it would benefit me in the long run. Or how best to rework as a purchase?
This forum is amazing gand thanks all!

Where does it say the leasee gets to claim the credit?

This is correct. The owner gets to take the tax credit. In a lease, you are not the owner, the bank is.

1 Like

I do not see where it states that he leasee gets to take the credit, which to your point means that I would not get to take advantage of that deal. Shoot! Thought this would have been a win.

Forgive my continuing on here for a bit. Just clarifying…So there is really no incentive to me to run after this deal as the 10% discount is okay but not exactly in line with regular X3’s and the dealer does not push these as hard as the bank is ultimately the one benfiting(even if they give a bit back to the dealer) from the incentive.

You may find value here in doing one of.the balloon payment programs that makes you be the owner but has some of the benefits of leasing. The sales tax will change, but opens you to claiming the fed tax incentives.

I think the real answer is to find a better vehicle.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the honest advice and answers. Have you seen blow back from canceling a build deal in the past? I have no financial obligation on the new build and can turn on my current lease anytime.

Fifth car from the same dealer and they will not give you buy rate? That’s pretty bad. Other hackers are correct on tax credit. Sometimes they chose to pass the full amount like the i3 was getting the full 7500 for the longest time.

2 Likes

Thanks SharksFan 15,
I have not pressed on the buy rate but yes it seems petty on their side. They are also charging for extra dents, dings, rubs and one scratch through the base coat(all about $600-$800 worth) of damages on the lease return.
Have others seen 10% discounts off MSRP on X3 e’s plus the rebate pass through and incentives?
I guess they are thinking that I should be satisfied with the 10% and incentives but it does seem like I could build a regular X3 and save a ton more even with the features I wanted.
Thanks again for all the good look out everyone!

It’s not petty, it’s just business. Ask for a commensurate discount for the mark up and move on.

In CA looks like $1250 lease cash and $750 loyalty for the X3e, 10% seems doable and that’s about it. Not seeing any tax credit money. In CA there’s extra $1166 fuel rebate. Incentives are being cut across the board. April Lexus just lost all loyalty money which was quite a bit.

Its a good point. Its all dollars at the end of the day, get them one way or the other. Ill ask and see and see. Thanks.

Yes its not been a forgiving time for too many deals. AND they are also having parts shortages. I had to forego lumbar supports for the passenger seat and they no longer have venitilated seats available due to shortages.

The problem here is that the programs are just really painful. The dealer can only do so much. At 10% pre-incentive, there really isn’t a whole lot of room for improvement.

2 Likes

What’s the lease payment and insurance difference versus a similarly equipped X3 30i?

As close as possible apples to apples build listed below would be $513 per month.

Insurance would about $10 dollars cheaper a month.

I’m a little surprised the insurance delta isn’t higher but assuming that’s correct = around $3,000 premium for lease and insurance… will fuel savings exceed that?

I’ve been leasing and helping/advising friends and family for a long time. I have not experienced or heard of any blow backs for hesitating on a build as long as both parties are transparent. I would be real straightforward and honest with the dealer and let them know that you would like to continue the strong relationship that you have built with them but they need to be market competitive.

There’s nothing the dealer can do about the BMW programs being bad. At 10% pre-incentive, they already are being market competitive; it’s just a poor value.

Just my stupid statement
Great deals are coming spring 2022 for leftovers of 2021s X3e LOL