2021 BMW X3 xDr30i with Premium package, NJ

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 BMW X3 xDr30i with Premium package. Exterior color - Phytonic Blue Metallic with Cognac upholstery and 19" Y-spoke wheel.

The only downgrade is the new batch doesn’t include wireless charging as the factory is facing supply shortage.

MSRP: $52,470.00
Selling Price: $49,319.21 (6% off MSRP)
Monthly Payment: $ 619.98 (after tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $ 2,595.00 (first month, dealer fee, doc fee, registration fee)
Months: 36 months
Annual Mileage: 10K
MF: 0.00093
Residual: 56%
Incentives: $2000
Region: NJ
Leasehackr Score: 6.9
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Allow me to share my story here. Before I reach out to any dealership, I made a thorough research about the car I want, how the dealership constructs their deal, to understand the numbers (like money factor, residual value etc). I watched Youtube channels like Your Auto Advocate, Ari Janessian which helped me a lot when researching a car and tips for dealing with the client advisor/ manager. I initially reached out to one of the re putative brokers I found on this leasehackr forum to help me get the best deal. He didn’t response me back as I can understand that BMW X3s are good selling vehicles and X3 holds their valve pretty much.

So I decided to do myself. I researched the bmw dealers near and far from my area and listed down the 4-5 dealers base on google reviews/ yelp reviews. I read comments and take note of the name of the client advisors with a good recommendation and reached out to them individually. Use social media wisely guys. It has all the info. You just have to be patient.

Long story short, after speaking with a couple of dealers you will get the general idea what are the numbers look alike. Rule of thumb says wait till end of the month, wait for the holiday season, wait for the time when new model comes out. But at my case, I decided to accept the deal at the middle of the month since I found the car (it has all the package, color, interior I like) already and most likely I may not get it if I wait till end of the month or July 4th weekend. Lol.

The deal that I got may not be as good as if I use a broker or other guys in this forum. My advise for you guys is dont forget you are the boss and don’t let them influence you. The sale reps are trained how to be nice in front of you, how to lure you, how to squeeze the information from you. But if you poke around when bargaining, they show their true color. I still remember a facial expression (under face mask) of a sale rep/ client advisor when I asked for invoice price. LOL. Dont let them treat you with disrespectful manner. You have the rights as a consumer and deserves to be treated with respect under any circumstances. (I put this into consideration when I decide which dealer I will use for all my car leases). Remember if it is taxable, it is negotiable. Uploading: IMG_0573.jpg…
The last tip is that don’t forget to ask which incentives you quality for. Check yourself/ your partner and ask the dealer if you qualify for cooperate rebate/discount and any other incentives. Most dealers dont want to share this info.

Hope it helps when you lease/purchase a vehicle. Best of luck!!

1 Like

not to be a dick or anything, but a 4 cyl x3 at invoice doesn’t belong in “share a deal”. it belongs in “share an invoice deal”.

4 Likes

Lmfao!

Given it’s NJ and a terrible market, I’m glad op was able to get something done.

2 Likes

Is NJ that bad that OP had to put in so much work to get invoice lol? 5 paragraphs must be a new record for this kind of a deal.

2 Likes

I looked at X3 and 330i at NJ dealers (mostly for the test drives but was entertaining numbers for laughs)

Only one dealer got within 100 of my target. One was close to 300 over, and in all cases with more down

None wanted to disclose MF or RV or anything of the sort either.

Brokers for the win.

1 Like

At least he is providing expert tips on how to get a good deal.

1 Like

Easier said than done. Even the broker who ghosted me initially said for this month, the best price is 7% off MSRP.
With the given market at NJ, 11% or 12% may be possible for basic X3 model.
If anybody is getting better deal than me by my story, I am happy.

2 Likes

I am curious though, why did it have to be an NJ dealer at all? Out of state deals can typically save a ton of money.

Enjoy the new car!

Enjoy the car! I ordered the same color combo in my X3 for July delivery except exec. package and aluminum inlays. From the pic I think yours are aluminum too not wood?

How do you like the cognac on blue combo? It looked great in the online render and photos but they didn’t have a demo for me to look at irl.

Did you get passenger side bolsters? That + wireless was my downgrades due to the supply constraints.

See it by yourself

1 Like

Did BMW remove lumbar support from passenger seat?

Given that I’m in the market for something similar

1. There not that many premium packages available
  2. Tried the broker route- not very successful and even they are announcing pull backs on discounts
    The color combo is nice. Enjoy the car
1 Like

Congrats on the new ride!

Looks great, happy with our choices!

1 Like