2021 BMW X3 sDrive 30i Lease Help

MSRP $49,270

AutoNation Savings: $2470 - Not sure where this goes
Customer Rebate: $3250 - Not sure where this goes

Selling price: $43,550

Packages - These go in the dealer fees? (Wheel locks, floor mats, Nitro fill)

Sales tax 5.6% AZ
Lieu Tax: $722 ( Not sure where this goes)
Document and Registration: $192

MF: .00093
RV: 56%

I think this is the correct breakdown.

MSRP = $49270
Dealer discount = $2470
BS add on fees = $1702

Selling price = 49720 - 2470 + 1702 = $48502

The $3250 rebate doesn’t exist. You’re pulling numbers from the purchase option. At the bottom, under the lease option, the $2000 lease incentives are listed. Those go in the calculator under taxed incentives.

I guarantee you you’re not getting .00093 on this. Full mark up will put you at .00133

Lieu tax is the AZ registration fee basically.

2 Likes

You’ll pay them a fee for the deal usually. Clutch (the one shown above) charges 500 I believe. On this terrible offensive deal alone they would save you thousands.

You either spend time reading the links @mllcb42 gave you and then grinding it out by sending offers to local dealers and hoping to make a deal or pay 500 for a dealer who will get you about 80-90% of the way there.

1 Like

Can’t thank you enough for your help, really appreciate it! I did get .00093% confirmation from this dealer.

No idea why Dent and Appearance protection got added for $1300 but I don’t want/need that and will get it removed.

The Customer Rebate @ $3250 doesn’t come off the price of the car?

If they’re charging buy rate, then there is something else seriously wrong, as that pushes their numbers much further away from adding up.

There are different rebate terms for leasing and purchasing. The $3250 rebate is listed as a purchase incentive. The lease incentive is $2000.

1 Like

Because the finance manager’s personal compensation is based on the fat profit margins of this stuff. GL getting it removed.

1 Like

That’s why the AutoNation deal sheet is so bad

2 Likes

It’s really only bad if you don’t pay attention to what it says. The problem is, it isn’t a lease sheet.

It really should be a moot point though… don’t ask dealers how much they want you to pay.

ahhh ok ok that makes more sense. The way they put this crap together. So if I can get the $1300 BS fees taken off below is more like the payment.

Which is still a shitty deal

1 Like

A broker would probably save you about $4000 compared to the deal you have in front of you right now.

OP can remove himself from this dealer. 90% of the brokers on here can give a better and more transparent deal.

2 Likes

So if the MF is truly .00093 then where the hell is he inflating these numbers from?

season 1 friends GIF

That’s why it makes far more sense that it’s a case of marked up mf.

Frankly, it doesn’t matter. This deal is so far away from being a good deal that you’re never going to close the gap. Just move on.

4 Likes

Got it, well thanks for all your help!

One parting word of advice:

Talking to dealers is for finding someone to do your deal, not for finding out what something should cost to lease. If you ever find yourself with a dealer offer in front of you without knowing if it’s a good deal or not, you’ve gotten ahead of yourself.

Many of us would argue that should be truncated to say “if you ever find yourself with a dealer offer in front of you at all, you’ve gotten ahead of yourself.”

The best way to get a great lease deal is to be well educated and confident in all the numbers… or pay someone to do it for you.

5 Likes

+1 you’re either a deal taker or deal hacker. Of you’re asking for a quote, you are toast

1 Like

I found a preowned certified X3 but there are only 5 miles on it?. Is this a reasonable proposal?

36/10
MSRP: $49,095
Selling: $44,186 (10% off)
RV: 56%
MF: .00133
MSD: 4
Rebate: $2000

If it’s CPO’d it’s probably not eligible for lease programs

Yeah not sure it doesn’t say. I did a search on courtesy.
VIN 5UXTY3C09M9F34037