2021 BMW i3 Amazing Deal! Found on Leasehackr Forum

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 BMW I3 w/ Giga World
MSRP: $47,400
Selling Price: $42,600
Monthly Payment: $ 249.14
Drive-Off Amount: $0 (including first month payment)
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 7500
MF:.00133
Residual: $29,388
Incentives: 12,000
Region: CO
Leasehackr Score: unknown
Leasehackr Calculator Link: n/a

10 Likes

Do you have the breakdown of incentives

7500 - Lease Credit (federal tax credit)
3000- Loyalty
1500- Colorado EV.

Congratulations, enjoy the car!

The Money Factor is significantly marked up from the base rate. However, considering the effects of inventory shortage on the car market, this is still a great low-cost lease.

Very cool, now that they are discontinuing them Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s other great deals that pop up.

1 Like

For sure, I think it was their way of making up some of the discount on the MSRP. At the end of the day the markup resulted in less than $600 of price difference, so it wasnt worth haggling over.

1 Like

this is an awesome deal! how did you find the deal out on LH? Marketplace?

It was posted in Share a Deal

i see, congratulations and enjoy the car!

1 Like

Great deal. Iā€™m surprised you were able to get such a nice discount on an in-stock car with BMW discontinuing the i3. I think the true discount is probably masked by rebates and the money factor mark-up, but still a nice payment on a very enjoyable car. Thereā€™s definitely still demand out there. Enjoy!

1 Like

Yes, I agree. I have had half a dozen of these cars and intended to get another one a few months ago as a commuter. In the end, I switched to a Bolt (because I am a complete bottom feeder and the cost was so much less) but the i3 is a more eccentric looking car (and eccentric is goodšŸ˜Š)

7 Likes

Thanks for the comment! I am curious what you mean by ā€œtrue discount is masked by the rebates/money factor markup.ā€ The money factor markup was only about $550, and the MSRP discount was 10.8% before rebates.

In that case thatā€™s an amazing discount especially in this market! I wasnā€™t sure if the dealer was including the Colorado state rebate.

1 Like

in this economy we take what we can get :joy:

Congratulations on your new hack. Would you mind sharing me Residual and MF on this lease?

Itā€™s on the first post.

Michael Richards Yes GIF

1 Like

Thank you.

After reading this thread I checked my local dealer and found this mind boggling $60k i3 on their lot. I just donā€™t understand how or why a $60k i3 exists. Who would pay that money for this car??? I wonder if I wait long enough theyā€™ll get desperate enough to cut a deal

https://www.internationalbmw.com/new/BMW/2021-BMW-i3-f2d857df0a0e09b141197493d37b9555.htm

1 Like

Thatā€™s an amazing build. Itā€™s an i3s with Range Extender thatā€™s essentially fully-loaded.

Nobody pays sticker for these cars. Anybody buying typically gets a $10,000-$11,000 rebate plus a $7,500 tax credit and potentially also a loyalty incentive and dealer discount. Most people lease, and even with a modest discount itā€™s not totally unreasonable. Granted most people would get a Tesla at MSRP since with loyalty it would be around $549-$599/month to lease, but with the i3 being discontinued builds like this tend to go pretty quickly lately with dealers that arenā€™t doing insane markups.