2021 Audi S4 San Diego

Yeah I test drove both of them this past month. I really enjoyed them both. The BMW is for sure more sporty and faster. The S4 though, just feels way more premium in the interior, and I like the styling of the black optics slightly more than the shadow line package of the BMW. Also the upgraded sound system in the Audi I hear is better. To get the upgraded HK sound, you need an additional premium package with a bunch of stuff I don’t care for.

In reality I would be happy with both. This would be my first luxury sports sedan. I will wait a bit to see if I can land a S4 if not, I’ll get a m340. There seems to be plenty available. Also if I wait long enough, I could be in the market for the new designed S3 or an STI.

The HK sound system on the M340i can be had as a separate option outside of any package as far as I know.

I just went from an Audi S5 SB Prestige to an M340i FYI. You are very right about the interior on the S4 or S5 vs the BMW and the styling (more subjective) but the M340i is so far for me (only one day in) is a better overall driving experience.

Still getting used to the heavier BMW steering and the overly twitchy brakes though.

Glad to hear you are liking the m340. Yeah I love everything about the S4 interior, except for the random placement of the infotainment, but not a deal breaker. The BMW interior is okay, but nothing really special about it. But yeah, would be happy with either.