2021 Audi S4 San Diego

Mileage bump to 12k is only 1 point, or about $600 total lease cost (depending on msrp he settles on). It just needs to be offset by a slightly stronger dealer discount, or, can be offset by a few security deposits.

Bottom line is our OP isn’t being unrealistic, he stated in that thread that’s exactly what he’s looking for. OP problem is there’s no inventory to replicate the deal.

OP isn’t going to find what he wants in an S4 at the MSRP needed and discounted enough to hit his target.

There are S4s out there that meet his budget, but they most likely won’t be equipped the way he wants.

I don’t disagree, I’ve implied throughout each of my posts that the inventory shortage is what prevents him from getting the car that he wants at the price he wants right now. I did state that historically speaking, the discount needed to meet his budget has been achievable in Southern California. The only guarantee I made is that there are s4 that fit his budget, regardless of options.

He can either take a lower priced s4 now, wait to see if inventory builds up and dealers are willing to play ball, or move on to another vehicle.

1 Like

Yeah, I believe I talked to him, and that is the deal I am hoping to get.

I hope you are right. Although, given the limited inventory, I feel like the chances are slim that the right car with the right deal will fall in place. I am not in a time constraint, so I am willing to wait for it. But some people are saying it can, some people are saying no way, just not sure if waiting will even do anything or if I should just move on to my 2nd option of a m340i.

The deal you are looking for is not just going to fall into your lap. You are going to have to work for it. If you really want a 2021 S4 P+, I would suggest waiting a few months for inventory and incentives to improve.

The overall point I’m trying to make is that you’re ideal terms are in the ballpark, and not completely unreasonable or unrealistic. Now, you may need add msd to nail your price target, or sacrifice an option, or perhaps raise the budget slightly; but that’s what being in the ballpark is. If you were looking for a $500 payment at same terms, I’d tell you that’s unrealistic.

The fact that a guy on the east coast got a unit and deal in line with what you want supports that notion. Audi’s s4 program is favorable enough to get you where you want to be, subject to generous dealer discount.

Unfortunately, nobody knows how long the supply constraints will last, and if inventory will get to a point where dealers are willing to discount the s4 as they have in the past.

2 Likes

Absolutely correct. The deal he wants needs to be grinded out, and possibly not achievable at all dealers. Not everyone relies on volume.

3 Likes

It has been suggested several times already in this thread.

Go get the current MF, RV, and incentives for your zip code from Edmunds. Build your target deal using the LH calculator. Post a link to the calculator and we can help you fine tune it if you have questions.

Once you do that, you will know exactly how much discount you need at your MSRP to achieve your payment/DAS target, and whether it is realistic or not, better to wait, etc.

Until you do that you’re basing your car buying decisions off nothing but speculation.

3 Likes

You might consider going through a broker if you don’t want to do the digging in yourself

At the end of the day, it is all about setting the right expectations for OP regarding what is realistic and achievable.

For example - Even if John Doe got 10% off MSRP on a 2020 S4 P+ back in the summer, it does not mean you can replicate that deal with the same dealership. It just gives you an idea of what could be possible.

EDIT: There are quite a few factors to take into account, such as inventory.

Here is the calculator based on the MSRP and and sales price quoted to me by the dealership, and the MF and RV from edmunds.

CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

1 Like

Here is my deal for the S4 I’m currently driving. Similar MF, but the RV was 6% lower and there was $3250 more in incentives which more or less cancel each other out (6% is around $3600 in depreciation). Long story short is that even if there wasn’t limited supply with the 2021s and you could get 10% off, you are still are at ~$650/month with 2500 upfront on a 61k car.

Fix your calculator to account for the lease cash. Might already be included in the discount.

1 Like

Correct.

Inventory shortage is problematic for the OP in multiple ways:
a. the chances of him finding a desirable unit, from a dealer willing to discount heavily, is drastically reduced
b. due to reduced inventory, even volume dealers probably aren’t tripping over themselves right now to blow out an S4
c. shortage also reduces comps for your research. None of us have a clue what kind of discounts are achievable on an S4 right now. The only data point is that east coast deal I referenced.

Yeah, I think everyone brought up some really good points. It does seem like the S4 is probably just outside my budget. Like I mentioned before, I am willing to wait for better incentives and inventory, and maybe by then my wife will loosen up the pocket book and allow me to get my dream car. What is nice is, we actually don’t need a 2nd car right now (because of covid) so we are just racking up savings not having a car payment. But I will continue to monitor the monthly lease specials when they come out.

Then time is on your side. I would strongly suggest keeping an eye on the “Shared Deals” and “Marketplace” sections. You can review posted deals and broker deals to get an idea of what type of pre-incentive discount is realistically achievable.

I would also recommend test driving the S4 and the M340i to compare. I test drove the Beamer this past summer and it is a beast.

1 Like

Yeah I test drove both of them this past month. I really enjoyed them both. The BMW is for sure more sporty and faster. The S4 though, just feels way more premium in the interior, and I like the styling of the black optics slightly more than the shadow line package of the BMW. Also the upgraded sound system in the Audi I hear is better. To get the upgraded HK sound, you need an additional premium package with a bunch of stuff I don’t care for.

In reality I would be happy with both. This would be my first luxury sports sedan. I will wait a bit to see if I can land a S4 if not, I’ll get a m340. There seems to be plenty available. Also if I wait long enough, I could be in the market for the new designed S3 or an STI.

The HK sound system on the M340i can be had as a separate option outside of any package as far as I know.

I just went from an Audi S5 SB Prestige to an M340i FYI. You are very right about the interior on the S4 or S5 vs the BMW and the styling (more subjective) but the M340i is so far for me (only one day in) is a better overall driving experience.

Still getting used to the heavier BMW steering and the overly twitchy brakes though.

Glad to hear you are liking the m340. Yeah I love everything about the S4 interior, except for the random placement of the infotainment, but not a deal breaker. The BMW interior is okay, but nothing really special about it. But yeah, would be happy with either.