2021 Audi Q5 Bang & Olufsen

, , ,

Still tinkering with the stereo to get the sound right. Haven’t nailed it yet. I know it’s subjective but does Anyone have suggestions for the sound settings?

bass
treble
sub
focus
3D/surround

Probably ask on an Audi forum.

9 Likes

I turn my bass up a bit as I know the system can handle it well. The best thing you can do is play from a high quality SD and fine tune to your liking. If you mainly are using it for Spotify or the radio then the settings will not matter as much.

I don’t have B&O in my Q3, but 10-speaker standard sound system sounds great and is miles better than standard sound system in BMW I had before. Anyway, to me the best sound settings are:

• Treble to max
  • middle one notch down,
  • bass - 3-4 notches up
  • all other settings at default, like balance between front-rear and such

I mostly listen to music via Spotify, and it sounds amazing with those settings. But as you said, could be very subjective.

There is a lot of info on Audiworld and audizine about B&O set ups and everyone has different suggestions. Some will say to get an audiophile experience, turn off 3D sound. Other people who listen to rap/pop turn the bass and treble all the way up (which sounds like crap IMO).

In my old S5, it has the surround sound about 75% to max, the bass/sub turned up 3-4, and the treble 1. It resulted in some nice bass response without being overbearing and did not muddle vocals or other instruments.

Great timing on this thread. I’ve been tinkering with the B&O system in my SQ5 for the past few days. It sounds better than my old BMW H/K system, but I think I can get even better

I do miss the B&O system from my S5 now that I’m in a BMW with their meh HK system.

They are made by the same company weirdly (Harman makes JBL, B&O, Bowers, HK pretty much the majority of all “premium” sound systems)