2021 Audi e-tron Premium vs 2021 Tesla Model Y Long Range (Deals)

Hi,

Wondering everyone’s thoughts on these two EVs.
I get employee pricing for Audi and a few other places, but obviously not Tesla.

The e-tron only has a 222 range compared to the Model Y’s 326 range, but I believe there’s value in other areas.
The Audi has adaptive air suspension, dual screens on the dash, Digital Cockpit and Audi build quality/materials.

You do miss out on Tesla’s feature though, AutoPilot, Netflix, constant updates, etc.

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks!

2021 Audi e-tron Premium
MSRP: $68,950
Employee Discount: $9,653 (14%)
Rebates: $10,250
Cap Cost: $49,047
Residual: 49%
MSD: None
Payment: $521 (incl. tax) w/$3k OOP & 36/12k

2021 Tesla Model Y Long Range
MSRP: $50,950
Rebates: N/A
Residual: N/A
Payment: $662 (incl. tax) w/$3k OOP & 36/12k

Without going into a long list of details about those two deals, Tesla leasing vs financing, etc. Plenty of threads discussing those. That Model Y isn’t $141/mo better than the E-tron.

3 Likes

If you are thinking of e tron, i recommend at least getting the premium plus, premium is too bare

Premium Plus Package

$8,900 MSRP

Includes:

Illuminated Front & Rear Aluminum Door Sills

Audi Phone Box w/Wireless Charging

Audi Active Lane Assist w/Emergency Assist

Audi Adaptive Cruise Assist

Ambient Interior Lighting Package

Bang & Olufsen 3D Premium Sound System

Heated Rear Seats

Matrix-Design LED Headlights

2nd Charge Port (AC Passenger Side)

Top View Camera System

Traffic Sign Recognition

Ventilated Front Seats

3 Likes

So basically $589 vs $726. The etron makes sense if you would be spending $100 on gas a month, but then again as mentioned this is a more basic version. The Tesla just isn’t a good lease, there are a lot of nice cars for $600ish a month and that still leaves you gas money. Neither one of these seems very attractive.

I’d look at gas Audi’s with your discount and see what that yields

1 Like

I was debating this for about a month. I went with model Y a few days ago. Really depends on what you want or the perception you desire.

Purchase or finance is the bigger ?

Did your roof fall off yet? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

haha I kinda wish- do it for the gram :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s a few thoughts:
lease is at 4.5% vs 2.5% for financing ($599 with taxes vs $750 for 6 years)
Tesla goes against every LH member’s code
Not sure if this thing will last past 4 years. (warranty will expire and God knows how much it will cost to repair)
Spoke with many Tesla owners not just the Y owners. Both the Y and 3 shares a number of random annoying problems
to be honest it’s more of a accessory
I don’t love it - but I’m doing it for the experience to satisfy my curiosity.
Still waiting for the truck

3 Likes

Thanks for the breakdown!

I’ve seen good things from 6,7,8 year old Teslas, but the M3/Y is a tossup with much more mainstream construction.

Let us know how your ownership experience goes!

not a fair comparison. e-tron premium is not equivalent to model Y on a technology front. Obviously powertrain is far inferior on the etron. But I suspect you have to go up to premium plus to match Model Y. At that point, you’re probably less than $50 apart where you’re getting way more range, super charger network so you can actually road trip the Y, more power, better autopilot, and constant updates, in exchange for…ventilated seats?

Yes the Model Y does not meet LH standard when compared to MSRP, but I do believe the e-tron MSRP is over-inflated to begin with.

1 Like