2021 Audi A4 Premium 40 TFSI Quattro Lease Gut Check

Hi!

I found this deal on an Audi and called the dealership to try and get a lease quote.

https://bestprice.cars.usnews.com/dashboard/W5YF3N3LLD/dealership/1695/inventory/WAUABAF49MA049032/?activeTab=lease

I’m going for a test drive tomorrow and curious what to gun for. Thinking $350. I want 36/7.5K (or 10 if it doesn’t make too much of a difference). 0$ down.

Thank you! First post so I apologize for whatever I’m clearly fucking up here.

Alex

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

1 Like

How did you come up with this number? I would strongly suggest educating yourself on how a lease works.

April Audi Blowout ~E-tron $3900 DAS $469 plus tax 36/7.5k NO MSDs~ EZ Auto Group SoCal

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Audi A4 QUATTRO PREMIUM
MSRP: $43,XXX
Monthly Payment: $279 plus tax
Drive-Off Amount: $2300
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 7,500

That’s about $350/mo $0 DAS

Or it’s $425+ if you include tax and don’t have costco.

This is why one can’t just blindly look at advertised monthlies without actually working out the numbers.

Haha well I knew this was going to happen!

So first, I have great credit and live in LA where the tax rate is 9.5%

Second, @Bluemkn57cars I have educated myself and used the calculator and taken to account promotions that are going on like the one @Ian_Park mentioned above. I feel like $350 is quite aggressive but potentially doable. I’m making the assumption that I will get the Costco discount. I also got a quote from Omega that comes out to $379 with tax included.

Just posting here to see if I’m making some big mistake or if anyone who’s dealt with Audi in SoCal could give me advice about how to handle the negotiation.

thanks all!

Since you’ve already worked out what the programs are that you qualify, what percent pre-incentive discount is required to get you to that $350 target? How does that compare to the comp deals you’ve researched?

I’m going to calculate this right now - where would I put the Costco $1250 in the leasing calculator?

It would be about 14.5 percent with an assumed MF of .0009 and a Residual of 60%

Are you paying any fees at signing or are you rolling them into the payment?

Did you confirm on Edmunds this month’s numbers?

Never make any assumptions. If I am working on my own deal, I always make sure I know all my numbers.

I don’t understand why you’re assuming a mf and rv since you said you already researched the programs.

Costco goes in the taxed incentives

I’m ok to pay the fees at signing to get a lower monthly. Rolling in the fees makes this seem not reachable.

I found .00005 and 55% on Edmunds but it’s for a different zip code, which I guess isn’t comparable. Am I missing where to find this information in the edmunds forums or do I have to post and then wait for someone to answer? I have posted already but haven’t gotten anything back.

Yes you have to post and ask for the terms you want, trim you want, in your zip code

Yes

Be patient.

when you say research the programs is there something else I should be doing minus the edmunds posting? I am seeing what different dealers are offering and comparing and flexing the calculator. Let me know if I’m missing a key piece here.

Have you calculated what amount due at signing, using the correct Money Factor (MF) and Residual Value (RV) for your mileage requirements gets you to $350/month?

Would this be your only car or do you have a daily driver? If you think you will drive 10k miles, then go with 10k miles. Price difference from 7.5k won’t be much.

A dealer in LA who posts here offered the following in his post earlier in the month. I do not think you can beat his deal.

2021 A4 42520 MSRP 2350 DAS 36/7.5K 339+tax

An LA dealer-lol. @Samaudibh has done a lot for this community so give him credit where due. :clap::call_me_hand:

1 Like