2021 Audi A4 45 Premium, $599 a month, 2k DAS + Transfer fee, 3.9k miles, New York Metropolitan Area

, ,

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Audi A4 45 Premium

MSRP: 45025
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $599, this is the exact amount I pay in New York, I believe this is the amount after tax, not sure
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $660

Current mileage: 3900
Maturity mileage: 35000
Effective miles per month: 833.33
Maturity date: 5/13/2025

MSD due (if any):
Cash due (if any): $2000
Incentive for new lessee (if any):

Financial institution: VW Credit
Transfer fee:
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no):

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details:
In great condition. I don’t drive the car to work because I work at home and only drive once or twice on the weekend. Car is street parking but at least as of now, nothing big has ever happened. I painted the wheels and the front grille with plastic dip and blacked out window trims. Those could be remove or you can keep it on if you don’t like chrome as well.

Photos:

OP. I’d find out if Audi Financial allows transfers out of state and update your post. If they do you’ll expand your market. Also probably a good idea to throw up a pic of the window sticker so people would know what options you have in your car. Also are you aware that with an Audi lease if someone takes over your lease and stop paying you’d still be liable? Big risk to take. Good luck.

:point_up: :point_up: What they said.

@kevin95822 - Have you looked into selling it to an Audi dealer?

thanks for your input! Yes I do know about the liability part. My opinion on this is if someone stops paying then this is going to hurt both person that’s on the contract, I highly doubt someones going to do that unless they are really going broke. Hopefully if anyone has similar experience please share.

Yes, asked a few local dealers and I got around negative $4000 in equity. I am only a half year into this lease so I’ll probably keep the lease longer then sell it when I have positive equity.

I would not want to take that risk (This is coming from a former A4 owner and current A6 owner). Not sure where you are financially or what your credit score is (no need to disclose this info), but some people don’t give a crap about other people’s stuff or credit score.

3 Likes

Yeah I totally agree with you. I called VW credit and asked them if the person took over stops paying whats going to happened. the agent said it’s going to hurt both person’s credit, not just me. So my take is that even they don’t care about my credit but it’s going hurt them as well. I guess this minimize the risk by a little. And hows’ that A6 drives? I am trying to get out of this lease and get either a better performance vehicle like a S4/S5, 5 series, E class or an A6.

Let’s put this another way, you’d go co-sign a loan for a stranger? You’d be shocked by how many people are very bad at paying for things

3 Likes

My credit score across all 3 bureaus is 780+. Not sure about you, but I’ve worked too hard (over 20 years) to build up my credit to where it is at today.

The A6 is a fun car. It is a 6 cylinder with about 335 hp. It is a bigger/heavier car compared to the A4, but when I put my foot down on the accelerator it moves. Gas mileage has been good on the highway. I get over 30 mpg. City driving is in the low 20s, but I am okay with that.

S4 and S5 is going to cost you. Same with the E class since deals were not that great pre-covid. You could get a decent deal on a 5 series through brokers on this site. I would forget about the A6 at the moment since discount off MSRP is not that great, and not much in incentives are being offered.

My advice is keep the A4 for at least another year or until the market improves. Check out broker deals in the Marketplace.

For reference, here is my deal from last year on my 2021 A6. I plan to keep the car till lease end and either get into the A6 e-tron (if deals are available then) or something else. I have no brand loyalty.

If you trade it in for a 5 series, you may be able to bury the neg equity.

Good way to put it.

OP would also be shocked at the bill if the next lessee lapsed on his insurance and then the car got stolen/totaled.

Or: He could also come to you with a sob story about how he can’t pay the lease any more. Then it becomes a game of “chicken.” How much would you pay to keep your credit score? $500? $1,000?

1 Like

I don’t follow how burying negative equity into a new lease is a good option for OP, given current market conditions.

lmaoo yeah this sounds scary, I might as well just drive my current lease for at least a good half year or a year then quote the equity again in the future

1 Like

Congrats on the deal, it is a nice looking car. Hopefully I can get this type of discounts in the near future, but honestly I don’t see the market going back to normal anytime soon.

Was in a very similar situation with my old Q5 lease. Someone offered me 5K to take it over and it was SO tempting but I didn’t want to risk my financial future on the word of a complete stranger that lived hours away. I’d just take a short term L and preserve your future sanity on this one OP

1 Like

@kevin95822 - Do you want to keep this thread open or closed?

got some good advices so please close it, thanks