2021 / 2022 Porsche cayenne deals

I think I drove by the warehouse in Stuttgart the other day where they’re hiding the GT cars.

All they had was a broken fence and some dude named “Hans” guarding the entrance.

2 Likes

Porsche never leases well even before the crazed post pandemic times…

Much better to finance one and own it as the resale is just amazing.
My CU will finance up to $100K at 1.9% for 5 years !

Honestly, I’ve been lurking on this site for years now and have benefited from so much knowledge that is available from this community and thats on top of being a blogger about cars and the market. Every drop of information on this site can save you not only dollars but save you from making a bad decision.

I was going to stay silent but when I saw this deal posted, that included $199 for Nitrogen in the tires that I could not keep silent any longer. Ignoring every other red flag about your “deal” the fact that the Nitrogen gas in the tires didnt dissuade you from thinking this is a good deal is really revealing. Seeing that on offer sheet is a at best a red flag, and a at worst a deal breaker because that is only going to be the tip of the iceberg of things that are not going to go your way.

If you really want to get a “deal” in this awful market you need to take some time to learn more about leasing vs financing as well as learning about all of the ways in which you can be fleeced by dealers who count on people not knowing anything about the process or the common industry terms.

My opinion is that unless you are satisfied with overpaying not only on price of the car, but add on services you should hold off and do more reading and research. YouTube also has thousands of videos from experts who have good advice on purchasing/leasing cars.

It really seems like you locked into to getting this specific model/brand irrespective of the market conditions and the advice on this site and want someone here to approve what you already want to do.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice. Honestly, I was never paying for the Nitrogen thing but wanted to post the details here. Also, I would want to lease versus buy because I am not sure of my future in this country for a longer period of time and don’t want to do a fire sale if I am in that position.

You implied that there are other red flags in the deal, so I would be interested to know about those. I understand that the market is crazy but I am not sure (or anyone is) that for how long this market might continue.

Yes, you are correct that I am locked in on a Porsche but would be great to get your specifics on what’s wrong about the deal understanding the market is what it is for all luxury SUVs.

Thanks!

The selling price is $84,300 and RV is 59%.
Calculator below:

so if you do the math, and rv is 59% of 84k in 3 years, which is around 49 and change, and it costs you over 50k to borrow this car for 3 years, logic would dictate that it’s not worth leasing, right? why does this thread need 60 something responses? it doesn’t matter that this is a porsche. a porsche cayenne is a rebadged q7 (sorry @wam22). if you have your heart set on the badge, just finance or buy the car for cash.

5 Likes

Don’t lose the forest through the trees. There is no single line item that is a red flag by itself if you know what you’re doing.

Every dollar that comes out of your bank account every month is a dollar. It doesn’t discriminate. It doesn’t care what line items were on the contract. It doesn’t care whether your selling price was 50k vs $49k with 1k of fluff vs 48k with 2k worth of MF markup (all else being equal).

If anything, your personal finances are happy that being indifferent to the other party’s personal compensation structure helped get the deal over the line vs walking away and continuing to waste time on a misguided principle.

No, it doesn’t.

2 Likes

The nitrogen bs on its own may be fine. A few years ago I leased a BMW from DCH (the big dealer chain) and got an amazing deal but had to agree to the nitrogen nonsense as part of it.

True- based on the complete picture it may not be the worst thing given other discounts but in a world we’re discounts are rare it raises a red flag for me…

Ok- maybe a hundred or less but it is a good resource.

Breaking new! Taycans now have a $20k ADM for @aronchi

1 Like

yeah the taycan dream will have to be put on hold until allocations come back and we achieve some level of normalcy in this business.

Leasing is equally if not more restrictive than buying in case of need for quick liquidation .

I too have Nitrogen in my tires and it is amazing, worth every Penny of the 199 they charged me.

Just kidding about N being amazing.

Can you please confirm there is in fact a 20,000 additional dealer markup for taycans? Is this specific for the rwd or 4s versions? Is this only for cars that are not preordered?
Would like to order one and my local dealer has an allocation for mid december for a rwd. However, due to tax planning would like to receive the car in 2021. How much of a delay are you seeing from expected order allocation times to actual delivery?

Firstly, thank you all for the help! Appreciate it! Would be signing a lease for a Porsche Cayenne tomorrow.

MSRP-$84,300
MF-0.002
Down payment-$6k (includes first month, taxes, fees, NJ etc.)
Lease payment -$1125
39 months / 10,000 miles

Happy to get feedback on how I did in this market.

Thanks!

At the minimum you should post a LH calculator link

Tell your salesperson he’s my hero.

3 Likes

You have a better deal? Thanks!