2021(2022) Infiniti QX60 lease with return of same 2018 make/model in TX

Hello. I’m trying to return a leased 2018 QX60 in TX. My dealer said they are taking “reservations” for the new QX60 with driver’s license and insurance but they don’t have any vehicles and expect to have limited vehicles in Jan 2022. I’ve already extended my lease from Aug to Nov and was asked to extend again. I understand the general overall shortage issue nation-wide. My impression is that the dealers are getting MSRP due to demand. However they need used excellent condition low-mileage returned leases, which I have. I’ve been leasing for 20+ years. Mostly Infiniti and always at same dealership. Can anyone advise on how I would negotiate this situation? Thanks!

Are you asking how to handle your current lease or if you can get a discount on a new qx60?

1. Try to maximize any equity on your 2018 and sell it to the highest bidder among Nissan & Infiniti dealers including Autonation.

2. Forget about the 2022 for either purchase or lease if you value your money. The pricing doesn’t make any sense for a rational person, and they really dropped the ball on production so expect this to be a very uphill battle that’s just not worth fighting.

you win understatement of the year.

We can’t place orders right now and we’re only expecting about 29% of our QX60 allocation to make it to our lot by the end of the year.

2 Likes

Is that mostly due to the global (well known) supply chain issues or did Nissan do something special?

Any other OEM would have replaced a generation ending MY2020 with an MY2021 hitting lots in the summer of 2020.

Nissan was/is struggling and Infiniti is truly being neglected since the Carlos Ghosn scandal.

At the same time though, it just feels like corporate has completely forgotten why people loved Infiniti at one point…that or they simply don’t care.

When my family went from a C300 to a G37, I saw it as a massive upgrade, I fell in love. It’s tragic what’s happening to this brand, I hope Nissan Next and the QX60 can turn it around, performance-focused, electrified power-trains would be really cool.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.