2020 X3M Competition — $671/month 36/10k <> $6,924 DAS ($4,900 MSDs) — Black/Black Alcantara, Exec. Package, Vent. Seats

, ,

Testing the waters here. I just have barely been driving the car at all and I feel like all of that fun power is going to waste on me personally. I’m curious to see if anyone would be interested in the lease transfer at this point so I can put some more love and mileage into my '86 MR2. I’d plan on keeping the extra $671 incentive from the dealership that was originally part of that deal (they messed up on a few things in the contract and the delivery date meaning I couldn’t use the car for the first month), so the effective price was/still is $671/Month (which is what I’m paying BMW currently). I’m unsure if the Gov’t fee is supposed to be carried over in the ‘Cash Due’ section, maybe someone can clarify that part for me since I’m new to the Transfers postings here.

Common Questions Asked:

• Do I need to pay tax in my state?

That depends and you would need to check with your local tag office on out of state transfers if you do not reside in Georgia.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 BMW X3M Competition

MSRP: $82,695
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $671
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $671

Current mileage: 800
Maturity mileage: 30,075
Effective miles per month: 950 (est)
Maturity date: 6/26/2023

MSD due (if any): $4,900 (refundable at end of lease)
Cash due (if any): $2,024
Incentive for new lessee (if any): NA

Total DAS initial payment for takeover: $6,924

Financial institution: BMW FS
Transfer fee: ($100 Application/$400 Transfer)
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: New and shiny :slight_smile:

Link to Build: https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-own.html#/studio/eb6q60zr/summary!

Photos:

4 Likes

Strong deal

@massacremike Please include the MSDs and DAS in the title.

I’m not sure what the DAS equates to here, but I put the Cash paid to the dealer in the header.

Basically how much you’re asking for not what you paid.

Are you asking for $X in MSDs plus transfer

Or $X msds plus transfer plus cash to you

I would assume that’s correct then. Just the Cash + MSD + Transfer fees.

Just as an update, car is still available. Had a few tire kickers from outside states. The current mileage is 690.

You should def post pictures if you want to move this.

2 Likes

So you want $7k+ back upfront? Am I understanding that correctly?

1 Like

4,9 of it is MSD’s but essentially yes.

If Jon would’ve left up my very honest and genuine post, it would’ve been a lot clearer! You’ll probably find it in the landfill! :grin:

1 Like

Yes that is correct. Though I’m not sure if I calculated that number correctly. I was and still am unsure if the Government Fees ($500) that were calculated as part of those $2k in upfront fees shown in the calculator are absorbed by me or not. Maybe someone else can help clarify this… I’m assuming those aren’t taxes, but rather some other fees to cover car EPA testing and certifications or something similar to that.

TLDR: the $2k is Dealer, Acquisition and Govt. Fees that were paid up-front. The $4.9k is a refundable MSD that was used to bring down the money factor. *I actually had to edit the posting because I forgot the fact that I had paid the first month out the door, so It’s closer to $2.7k for that number.

It doesn’t really matter what you paid upfront for a transfer. You can ask for as much or as little as you want. Since it’s been 2 weeks and you still haven’t found someone, it probably means you shouldn’t raise the DAS amount to you.

4 Likes

I think my favorite part of the post is the addition of nearly $700 extra down for what was your first month’s payment when YOU were driving the car! :rofl:

3 Likes

The amount was corrected, not raised.

I’m not sure I understand what this is saying, but it sounds like another landfill comment.

So, when I pullout my trusty calculator, $2024 + $671 (First Month’s Payment as you indicated) that equals the $2695 you’re requesting down. Totally makes sense for the person taking over your lease to pay for the first month that YOU were driving the car. It’s fairly clear no one wants the deal as advertised. Don’t take it out on people here.

3 Likes

It’s definitely a very strong deal and with the lack of rebates on the 2021s this should move quicker on a site like Swapalease. It is definitely a bit of a niche car, so it will probably take a bit of time anyway to find a home.

GLWT

Okay, this listing has confused me since the first day, but after re-reading all the posts and comments, especially the one I just quoted, I think I know what’s going on here. I believe OP is trying to calculate exactly what is “owed” to him for someone to take over the car instead of simply asking for a DAS he wants (correct me if I’m wrong please). You’re not required to get back exactly what you had to pay to lease this car - you can ask for more or you can ask for less. For example, you can lease a car with zero driveoff and a killer payment and come on here and ask for $4k DAS for someone to take over your car. Conversely, you can go lease a car without doing any homework, put $5k down and have a high payment, and afterwards when you need to get rid of the car realize you put too much down and ask for none of your $5k down back. And in yet another scenario, you might have such a high payment where you might need to offer an incentive for someone to take over the car. Point being, it’s totally unnecessary to try to dissect your lease agreement to figure out what the DAS should be. If you want your MSDs back, ask for them back. If you want to ask for $1k DAS, ask for that. If you want to ask for $5k DAS, ask for that. It’s your car and your show, so you can ask for whatever you want for someone to take over your payment. But what’s been confusing about this listing, in my opinion, is the uncertainty of what you’re asking for for someone to be able to take over this car. Once you have a clear ask of what you want, I think this car will move without any issue to the right buyer. You have a great payment and asking for MSDs and some DAS is not unreasonable at all. Just be clear in what you’re asking for. My 2¢. GLWT!

6 Likes

Oh. I think I realized what I did wrong here. I somehow second guessed myself when I was making edits and thought for some reason the first month’s payment in the up-front costs were skipped over and should have been included. Turns out I had it right the first time. The original $2,024 was correct without the $671. @CarRhino @Jon You were correct that was an error on my part. I’ll edit the title and post to reflect that original cost. :hushed: